I am in shock,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeadowRidge Farm

Reaction score
This is going to be so hard for me to type this, I just feel so numb and cant quit crying. My brother who I was very close to has lived with my hubby and myself since he got out of high school. Sunday afternoon, he was sitting in the recliner, and said his stomach hurted him, I said to him go and lay down for awhile and never thought anymore about it. he stayed sitting in the recliner, and that evening we watched a movie, about 9:30-10:00pm, he said he was going to bed. The following morning my hubby heard a humming sound and got up.that was about 6:30am, it was my brothers alarm clock, my hubby went in and told him to get up, shook him..he was gone, hubby got me up and said something is wrong with Lance (he was afraid to say he was dead) I went running into his room..and he was gone. He just turned 54 yrs old, was single, and the only life he knew was with us. The coroner said she was 99% sure it was a massive heart attack, he never suffered, his hair wasnt out of place and he looked so peaceful sleeping, but I am having the hardest time with this. I cant quit crying and everything just reminds me of him. The whole house is just so empty without him here, even tho I have my hubby, who is my rock of strength thru this. The funeral isnt till Fri and Sat..I dont know how I am going to get thru all of this. Any words of encouragement from those that have lost someone close to them? I know everyone has told me its the prefect way to go ..but its just so hard.

Corinne

Last edited by a moderator:
Having unfortunately lost too many people close to me

you will take comfort in the near future that at least he

didn't suffer and that he had no chance to worry about

those he left behind.

Having lost a husband in this same manner 16 years ago

although his massive heart attack was at the dr's office

and I remember the nurse telling me sorry he passed so

quick he had no last words to say.

I love the thought he didn't have any time to worry

about me and our son being without him. I didn't need

last words, there were plenty of words for 21 years to

last.

It will get easier and hopfully soon you'll find a peaceful smile

when you think of him.

So sorry for your unexpected sad loss of someone you are

so close with

Hope you are at peace with your loss soon.

I am soooo very sorry for your loss Corinne.....My Prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time.
default_sad.png

I'm so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Regardless of how our loved ones leave this world it's never easy on those of us left behind. May you find comfort in your memories and the strength to face each day. Just take one day at a time.

I haven't quite experienced what you have, but hope you can find some peace in this shock and grief you are experiencing. I am so sorry....I wish something I could say could ease your pain.

Liz

Corinne,

I'm so sorry for your loss and the heartache your experiencing. My husbands brother passed awhile back and it helped us deal with our sadness to bring him with us in our thoughts. When my husband went for a ride or we did something fun as a family we thought of him and included him. I've heard that our loved ones are with us as long as we think of them. Some days we all could feel his presence. It helped deal with our sadness. We also named our special P.J. boy after him. =-) He would have loved being named after a little a**. =-) He loved animals desperately. Cherish your brother in your thoughts and find some daily way of making him a presence in your life. I can't spend time with P.J. and not think of John and smile.

Hugs,

chico

Corinne,

I am truly sorry for your loss.....I know how empty you feel. I lost my 31 year old cousin (who was raised as my brother) in january....same thing happened. His wife got up in the night, and he was gone, looked like he was sleeping. Massive heart attack......and as sad as we all are, I do find it comforting he had no pain. If you need to talk, I am here. hang in there, hugs to you..........

Oh, Corinne
default_sad.png
So sorry to hear about your brother. We lost my husband's sister a few weeks ago, quite suddenly, and it's still so hard to imagine that she is gone.

Please know that lots of ((((hugs)))) and love are coming your way
default_wub.png
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Corinne --

I am so sad and sorry to read your post! Deepest condolences to you and your family.

Jill

Corinne......I am so very sorry!!! Please know that your forum family will be here for you anytime you need us.
default_wub.png
{{{HUGS}}}
default_wub.png

Corrine I'm sorry for your loss. Although it's hard to lose someone so unexpectedly (my brother died the same way) it's so much easier on all concerned than to watch them suffer and know there's nothing you can do to help. Please think of the love you shared and you'll keep him near you that way. The next days and weeks will be difficult but you'll get through them one step at a time.

Corrine I am so sorry to read your sad news. I lost my sister almost the same way with a stroke very suddenly and the only way to continue is to just continue. I know that sounds much simpler than it really is but its true one foot in front of the other one minute at a time. Prayers for you and your family during this difficult time and in the days to come.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your brother. There are no words right now I know of to comfort you with such a sudden loss. All I can do is pray for you and hope that things will get better for you with time. You truely were "your brothers keeper". AMEN

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Oh I am so very sorry.it sounds like you both were so close and won't regret not having spent time together. That isn't always the case. It is so hard to be the one left behind. I am sorry.

Latest posts

Back