I am ECSTATIC to announce...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniaddiction

Reaction score
[SIZE=36pt]GIRL!!!![/SIZE]

Katie had her filly at 11.10pm last night at 306 days Gestation.

It was a complete textbook delivery, Baby racing around the stall doing laps around her mama at 2 hours old!!!

I couldn't be happier if you told me I'd won the lottery...Im just so relieved and thankful that everything went so well and we have a healthy little FILLY and mama! Katie is doing just wonderful, she is the BEST mum ever! She loves her little girl SO much, I think its evident in the pictures...
default_wub.png
She was a little but unsure for a while, I guess because her first foal never stood or anything, so she wasnt sure what this 'thing' was doing sucking all over her body
default_laugh.png
but now she hikes her back leg up for baby to get at the milk bar!

She looks like she is Liver Chestnut to me with a dorsal stripe/shading that goes right down to her tail but I think thats just baby stuff, probably go grey. She is just beautiful! Well we think so anyway.

After Katies awful foaling last year, I think this girl deserves a special name. I am hopeless with names so any suggestions are appreciated.

So here she is, our beautiful bouncing baby girl at just an hour or so old!!!

336289436.jpg

336291423.jpg

336291956.jpg

336292499.jpg

This one kind of shows her stripe

Thank you all so much for your prayers, well wishes and support.

Im off to stare at my new baby after only 3 hours sleep!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Helen, she is gorgeous and so is her momma!!!
love0034.gif

Congratulations on your new addition!!!
cloud9.gif

Congrats Helen! She is very cute.
default_yes.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a lovely little girl, and yes, I can see just how thrilled Katie is with her new baby too!

I am so happy for you Helen!

I am so happy everything went well for you and Katie! She is a darling little Filly!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

Thanks everyone! I am pleased as punch with her, Katie did such an awesome job!

My vet is not coming out till the morning and will do the IgG and all that then

I just have a couple of concerns that maybe someone can answer here for me

* Katie has not had a bowel motion since the birth...wondering if I should give her anything or if this is normal

* There was one tiny hole in the placenta, but otherwise it is perfect...

* And last one, baby is only drinking off one side of the udder, the other side is really big and hard..should I milk it out a bit to keep it flowing and relieve it or

should I just leave it be?

Dont really want to call the vet again on the weekend, tomorrow (Monday) she will be here at 8.30am.

Thanks again...Did I mention how much I LOOOVE my girls?
default_laugh.png
default_wub.png

This is Amanda. Michael's wife. I think the name Gracie is a good name for her. She is adorable! Congratulations!

Hey Helen, firstly what a cute little filly... Now about Katie. We had the same thing last year with Chloe and made the vet tube her with oil after about 16 hours, I wouldn't do it again I would just play the waiting game for 24 -36 hours then see how shes going. However if you are concerned and she appears colicy take action.

Latest posts

Back