I am devastated

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so very sorry for your loss. That is like my worst nightmare for my two girls. They are also 2 peas in a pod. They do mourn for their friends...we had 2 horses die this spring who were very old and it took a week for things to start getting back to normal. Your in my thoughts and your donkeys in my prayers.

Jenn

i haven't been around for a while but i too am so sorry to hear this for you... and for your other donkey. i have a pair, half-sisters born 9 days apart, they have never been separated... they are both going to foal this fall and i am struggling with sticking to my normal of separating them to foal, or letting them stay together...

hoping that your heart is beginning to heal, i know it takes a long long time. been there...

so sweet of your Annabelle to try to help though! what a kind heart...

big hugs to you!!!

So sorry.
default_no.gif

Thank you all.

Nattie is doing good, she still lays every day on Sadie's grave. Two of our mini horses have started to groom Nattie every day!! One is our yearling filly and the other is our 2 yr old!! They have never shown alot of interest in the adult donkeys but always play with the youngsters, so I was surprised when Tiny started grooming Nattie first and then Gracie started a couple of days later!! All of the babies have been keeping Nattie busy to
default_wink.png
!! I am going to start looking for a jenny this fall to buddy up with Nattie.

Nattie and Sadie always foaled together, I would just put them in a large stall together or in our run in. I tried to seperate them and they both had a fit, they knew to keep their distance once a foal entered the picture!!

I lost a very pregnant miniature mare the same way last year so I know how you feel! I am so very sorry for your loss. It is nice to hear that the other horses are looking after your lonely girl. Hugs to you all!!

Latest posts

Back