I am back from Kentucky to see MIL who had stroke

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basketmiss

Reaction score
Well I havent updated in awhile on my MIL.

She moved to Louisville KY on July 2nd, my SIL and her family live there and she works at a retirement facility.

My MIL has done good except she has gotten 3 UTI and when she gets one we know because she starts crying all the time.. She is very sensitive since the stroke.

Her knee therapy is doing ok, she can shuffle walk about 2 feet with a walker and get up out of her wheelchair by herself to a standing position. She cant run the wheelchair by herself(she has to be pushed) one side of her is alot slower so she cant seem to make much headway going forward in the chair..

So we went to see her this weekend and she was in good spirits and happy to see us. She introduced us to all the nurses and aids on her floor...

Then last night we went to see her and she was sobbing. when we asked what is wrong, she said "I couldnt find anybody", she meant us-family.. She has all our phone and cell numbers but she was crying so hard it just broke my heart! We calmed her down, but she started crying again when we were leaving which was horrible. I am very soft hearted myself so hated to see her like that!

We called later last night and she was fine- said she was confused and thought we had left her. We told her we would be back, she forgot I guess.

We called her today when we got home and she said she doesnt feel good and they think she might have another UTI!! We are now worried.. Why does she keep getting them??

Everytime she has one then her knee therapy suffers cause she is so sick..

I am asking for more prayers with us to help her get past this hard time...

Thanks so much,

Missy

Missy...I'm sorry to hear about your MIL and what she's going thru. That can certainly break your heart. Know that my good thoughts and prayers are with her and your family. Do the dr.s have any idea what may be causing the UTI's? Is she on any antibiotics/meds that may be causing them?

Thanks for your kind words...

No they dont know why she is getting them but are doing some tests tomorrow, so we shall see...

The UTI's just keep setting her back on the knee rehab. I know most people who have their knees replaced are up and about way before now.Her surgery was May 20th and her stroke May 22nd.....I know she had a stroke which complicates it all, it is just hard not being able to DO anything...

I think we have to be patient, i have heard of someone who had a stroke that seemed almost hopeless for a normal life and 6 months later she was back to work and driving...

Missy

Your mother-in -law and your family will be added to my prayers. I know this would have to be a hard time for the whole family.

Keeping her in my prayers.

I hope the Dr.'s can find some answers soon on the UTI's they are no fun.

Keeping your mother in law in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully they will find the cause of the UTIs and be able to get her back on therapy.

Latest posts

Back