I AM a Horseaholic...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue_C.

Reaction score
His neigh is like the bidding of a monarch and his countenance enforces homage.
William Shakespeare, from Henry V

My name is Susan Crocker, and I AM a horse-aholic.

I would like to welcome all of you to this month's online meeting of Horse-Aholics Anonymous. You may be sitting there thinking that you are OK, and don't really need any help. It is not easy to realize that you are a horse-aholic, and even harder to bring yourself to an HA meeting for help. HA is here to assist you. I have some questions to ask to try to determine if you can be helped.

1. Can you say 'sheath' in public without blushing?

2. Do you know exactly what 'snaffle' means? (No, it is not a drink!)

3. Do you drive a truck with some type of towing package and/or dual rear wheel when everyone else you know drives a real car?

4. Do you have more than one type of trailer because you own horses?

5. Do you spend your holidays going to shows, sales, clinics, and seminars when everyone else goes on cruises?

6. Do you discuss things at the dinner table that would make a doctor leave in disgust?

7. Do you consider formal wear clean jeans and freshly scraped boots?

8. Does the inside of your home look like your interior decorator is State Line Tack'?

9. Do you often have barn boots on your front porch?

10. Is your mail made up primarily of breed magazines and horse catalogs?

11. Do your shirt pockets often contain bits of feed, hay, and empty syringe covers?

12. Do you worry about paying your monthly feed bill before you think of paying your electric bill?

13. When you meet a person, do you ask how many horses they have, and pity them if the answer is none?

14. Do you remember the name of a great-great-great grandsire when you can't remember your own great grandfather's name?

15. Is your primary dream in life to breed the perfect foal?

16. Do you find non-horse people boring?

17. Is 99% of your e-mail about horses?

18. Do you have a collection of bits even larger than your collection of horses?

19. Does you halter collection include more than four halters, all thesame size?

20. Do you think nothing of accessorizing your lingerie with rubber muck boots for night-time or early-morning feedings?

21. Do you carry a hoofpick in your purse?

22. Are there more veterinary supplies and carrots in your refrigerator than groceries?

23. Do you take your horse to the vet before you go to the doc for the broken ribs same horse gave you?

24. Could you eat off your barn aisle but haven't seen your kitchen floor in weeks?

25. Do you know more than five people this list fits exactly?

If you answered YES to three of these questions, you are in pretty good shape. You will lead a long, dull life, and never call your mother and tell her "I'm in the hospital, but everything is fine! The horse is OK."

If you answered YES to 10, you are in serious trouble. Give in gracefully, and become a member of Horse-Aholics Anonymous now... You will qualify eventually anyway.

If you answered YES to 15 or more, you are incurable. My advice to those who, like me, are incurable is as follows..... Sit back, smile, read this again with that silly smile on your face...yes...THAT ONE; and know that your life will always be filled with good friends and better horses, and it will NEVER be boring!

OH My!

The "you can say sheath in public without blushing..."

Thats me. The other night I had to clean my boys and when I got back to my IM screen, my friends asked where I was, and I told them I was out cleaning sheaths. They didn't know what it was! I had to explain the process. Keep in mind these are my GUY friends. I think the best reaction was from Levi.

"You touched his, his his THING. YOU touched HIS thing"

yes Levi. I had gloves on and everything, but it is a needed procedure. I can teach you to do it
wink.gif

There was no reply after that...

So Sue when is our next twelve step meeting? Not like we want to recover anyway
biggrin.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Oh crap! I answered yes to all but #7! I even missed a family reunion two years in a row to go to regionals!!![/SIZE]

Hello.... My name is Lyn..... and Im most DEFINITELY a horse-aholic!

BTW Next twelve step meeting will be in Tulsa OK due to the worst of us all being there Sept 9-16th! Probably held in front of the shopping area~ Lisa B.... you oout there?

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:
ohmy.gif
How did you guess...well first off to admit the problem...I am a horse-aholic and this week I wrote a letter to a horse from a horse...will I ever be cured????

Well you know me Sue....yes I am a complete gonner...and wouldn't have it any other way!
biggrin.gif

Hi, my name is Sunny and I'm a Horseaholic. I've come to this group to share my experience, strength and hope with the rest of you horseaholics.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Last week, I bought a gorgeous silver-coloured horse figurine which is now sitting on my mantel. Not odd in and of itself. It's just that I bought it for my Pewter mare who just completed her Hall of Fame!

I'm hopeless!!!
yes.gif

And I wouldn't want it any other way!
wub.gif

Yep, ROFL with a great big smile!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Wouldn't it be easier and faster to just find a cure...and vaccinate us all
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

20. Do you think nothing of accessorizing your lingerie with rubber muck boots for night-time or early-morning feedings?
Oh this one is DEFINITELY me!!!
wacko.gif
Poor gas utility worker this morning, as I stumbled sleepily outside my kitchen door with my my doggies in tow...after all no one is usually around THIS early in the morning, unless you're a farmer. (The nerve of my neighbor not telling me he was putting in a new gas line!!
laugh.gif
) Long story short.....I sure must've looked a site in my long crumpled up white t/night shirt, and my muck boots heading on down to the barn to feed my boys!!
new_shocked.gif
Poor guy....as he passed by my split rail fencing, I sheepishly waved my hand and croaked a "hello".....he was grinning from ear to ear..can't remember if I was embarassed or not...it was way to early to even care!!! Hey...my horses got fed and thats all that mattered!!!
hypocrite.gif

My name is Sharon Cipolla and I too am a horseaholic !

Dare I tell my husband I rated incurable! but if he honestly took the test I bet he'd be right up there with me, after all I only have 5 Minis and WE have 26 AQHA. Oh Rats, I just remembered. I bought ALL of the horses except the 9 that were born here! And he thinks the mini auction I'm going to next weekend is just to buy a cart! Riiiiight!!
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

I just realized that the sadness I feel when I sell a horse is going thru withdrawal! The thought of cold turkey scares me! I better go out and buy horse another quick!

Latest posts

Back