hyperbike

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Champ

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a hyperbike
default_biggrin.png
does anyone who has one want to tell me there likes & dislikes about them?

Thanks!

Got one, love it, wouldn't trade it for anything! It's so light Kody thinks he's grown wings and it turns on a dime so the horses LOVE to spin it at high speed. I much prefer the ride with the pneumatic tires as it's much smoother but it's okay with the solid rubber rims I have to use for Preliminary competition too. I had no problems with shoulder rubbing or equine discomfort when I used it without a singletree for the first couple of years but do prefer the ride with the newly available singletree (it absorbs any jolts better). I also like the available seat slider as it makes it possible to have many people using the same cart without messing up the balance.

Downsides- can't take passengers, awkward to get at anything tucked in the various attachable bags while driving, you look a little funny sitting right up there on the horse's rump, you'll need a shorter whip and possibly shorter lines as well.

Pluses- Total freedom to go anywhere at any speed with no fear of tipping over or coming out of the cart assuming you've correctly adjusted everything. Horse loves it. Manufacturer cannot be beat, stands behind his product 110%. Ongoing customer service is fantastic. The Hyperbike has been tested into the ground and will not break or fall apart on you or Bob will know the reason why AND fix it.
default_wink.png
It can be disassembled in minutes with no tools and fits easily in the trunk of a car.

I really do love mine. It's incredibly stable on rough terrain and the horses think it's just the coolest thing since baled hay. I drove my show cart in roadster configuration recently and felt SO insecure by comparison! It was like I was going to bounce out at any minute and now and then the stirrup would suddenly drop out from under my foot with no warning. Ugh! Noooo, thank you. I'll take my Hyperbike.

Leia

Thanks Leia for the info....I have a couple of questions...

what are pneumatic tires &

what is a singletree?

Thanks!

"Pneumatic" means "air"- pneumatic tires are regular air-filled bike type tires as opposed to wooden wheels or steel-spoked wheels with solid rubber rims.

A singletree is a swiveling metal bar you attach the traces to rather than using fixed hooks on the cart itself. Most vehicles have them, the Hyperbike didn't used to.

Leia

I ditto what Leia said! I LOVE mine... I have 2 and they are wonderful! I haven't drove my easy entry carts since getting my hyperbikes. (which I have wanted for years and finally got) I would use my easy entrys for parades or giving rides, but when I want to drive and have fun it's the hyperbike. My sons love driving them too. It is soo light and handles so nicely, turns on a dime and is stable even when going on the unstable trails that are up and down with sticks and roots and bumps. You can really fly in it, my lil tiny guy slides me around corners just flying! Bob is WONDERFUL too!! Really stands behind his carts and is a perfectionist.
default_wink.png
I say go for it!! You won't regret it one bit!
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

Sheri

Thanks Sheri & Leia, right now I have an easy entry cart I know Leia you said I will need a shorter whip and reins how about the breastplate can it be the one I use with my ee cart?

I'm waiting for Bob to send me a brochure on the different color seats once I figure out the color I'm going to order a hyperbike one
default_aktion033.gif

Champ said:
Thanks Sheri & Leia, right now I have an easy entry cart I know Leia you said I will need a shorter whip and reins how about the breastplate can it be the one I use with my ee cart?
I'm waiting for Bob to send me a brochure on the different color seats once I figure out the color I'm going to order a hyperbike one
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Well, it's always different from one cart to another but generally speaking yes, the same equipment should work for the Hyperbike as any other similarly sized cart. It's just that instead of the driver sitting way back behind the single tree you're sitting right over top of it! That means the reins are suddenly too long and the whip now reaches the horse's head instead of his shoulder.
default_biggrin.png
Do me a favor and tell Bob I sent you, will ya?

Leia

I'll tell Bob You and Sheri had only good things to say about the hyperbike and it helped me make my decision on buying one
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Hope this is ok as I don't want to get into trouble.

We don't have brochures to send Champ if you're waiting on one. Phone calls are great.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Aren't you sending me a chart with the different colors for the seat...that's what I meant by brochure....also I

probably don't have to tell you now that Leia & Sheri only had good things to say about the hyperbike
default_biggrin.png

Sheri, you should post some pictures of you and Spunky flying around in yours!! Your pictures really show how cool it is!!! Especially through your trees and over all the roots etc. Big fan of you and Spunky.

Thanks Rhonda
default_wink.png

Excuse Spunkys portly figure... he is an EASY keeper.
default_wink.png
default_yes.gif

Also your traces will need to be shorter or some new holes/adjustments made since the shafts are much shorter.

Love those pictures Sheri!!! Glad you shared them. You all look great!

Thanks for sharing the pictures
default_aktion033.gif
....how big is the minis your driving?

Sheri Hill said:
Also your traces will need to be shorter or some new holes/adjustments made since the shafts are much shorter.
I didn't have to make any adjustments to any of my harnesses and the shafts are the same length as my other carts.
default_unsure.png

I'll post pictures of Kody flying around when I get home!

Leia

WOW, I did... The gal I got the older used red seat one, sent me her harness as it already had shorter traces. I put new holes in the harness for my other horse. Maybe your traces just had more adjustment already.
default_yes.gif
Also had to have shorter reins as you stated.

Sheri

Sheri Hill said:
I didn't have to make any adjustments to any of my harnesses and the shafts are the same length as my other carts.
default_unsure.png

I'll post pictures of Kody flying around when I get home!

Leia

Wow, that looks like alot of fun. How much are they?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Rhonda
default_biggrin.png
Glad you enjoyed them. It is allot of fun!

Sheri

Love those pictures Sheri!!! Glad you shared them. You all look great!

The stout lil black bay is only about 28 1/2" and the lil sorrel pinto is about 30 1/4"

Thanks for sharing the pictures
default_aktion033.gif
....how big is the minis your driving?

Here is the link to the hyperbike page

http://www.pacifier.com/%7Ecarriage/hyprbke.html

Here is the link to the pricing/ordering info. page

http://www.pacifier.com/%7Ecarriage/gcform.html

Wow, that looks like alot of fun. How much are they?

I'm late getting to this one, but would like to add that I've had one since 1999 and LOVE IT!

I'd like to add another one (it's so hard to think of getting an Easy Entry again) since I have two driving horses, now.

Bob's great to work with, and I've really only rarely heard of someone that didn't like it.

I love using it for training, and the horses love it, too!

I didn't have to adjust any traces for either harness I own, though the reins do end up being too long, and a short "dressage" type whip seems to be nice for using instead of a traditional driving whip.

Liz

Latest posts

Back