Hyperbike

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PonyKnit

Reaction score
Ever since I saw a pic of someone driving using a Hyperbike, I have been very intrigued. Would love to see more pics of Hyperbikes in use and love to hear of any experiences with them.

Thanks!

I've had my hyperbike now for 3 years and absolutely love it and so doesn't my mini
default_biggrin.png
CJ@G\'Town 2 phase 3 (Small) (WinCE).JPGCJ @ G\'Town Sept. 2009 (Small).JPG

Check out Bob's website and call Bob.... Chat with Leia too...

Risha and me finishing our first (and so far, only!) HDT last summer, with our new (to us) Hyperbike.

300738_2549009205940_1275146736_3123436_252114175_n.jpg

We love the 'bike! Photo by good friend Lisa Cenis.

shorthorsemom said:
1319153842[/url]' post='1419727']Check out Bob's website and call Bob.... Chat with Leia too...
Not ready to buy at this time, gathering info from owners. Also their website pics are way too small.

Not ready to buy at this time, gathering info from owners. Also their website pics are way too small.
Don't have to buy to chat with Bob...he is a fountain of information and he is very NO pressure to buy... He let me be a member of his "hyperbike club" even though I eventually purchased a different cart. I got a ton of information from Bob...

you can google... SH miniatures website they have a driving section on their page that has AWESOME photos of Shari and her son driving using hyperbikes. I did lots of hyperbike searches in the last year. Shari's website was one of my favorites to browse photos of hyperbike fun. I think if you check out youtube you can find a video of Leia taking hazards with her hyperbike, if it is still there..
default_yes.gif

Eventually Leia will spot this thread and will send you some photos, she has a hyperbike and it is her favorite cart. Best wishes.
default_wub.png

shorthorsemom said:
I think if you check out youtube you can find a video of Leia taking hazards with her hyperbike, if it is still there..
default_yes.gif

Eventually Leia will spot this thread and will send you some photos, she has a hyperbike and it is her favorite cart.
Oh, I spotted it. However I wasn't going to post until I had some new pictures gathered!
default_laugh.png
I figure I've been posting Hyperbike pictures here a few times a year since 2006; everyone's probably seen most of the old ones already!
default_wink.png

The hazard videos are still on YouTube although since we were either Training Level or recovering from surgery in them we weren't really showing any of the 'Bike's high-performance aspects. I finally found some of our Prelim level hazard videos and got them on the computer so one of my goals over the winter is to edit them and upload them to YouTube so you can get a better feel for what really makes the Hyperbike so special.
default_wub.png
Kody's never been fast in the hazards as he isn't conformationally built to be either agile or quick but the 'Bike always helped to make up for that.
default_aktion033.gif
That and some careful driving!
default_biggrin.png

Shari said:
I just ordered a Hyperbike and can't wait.
Shari, you did?!
default_new_shocked.gif
I had no idea! Congrats! You'll love it.

Leia

Yup, sure did. With a bit different seat.
default_laugh.png

Won't be able to drive Maggie in it until we settle in VA but I am looking forward to it.
default_yes.gif

She will be a lot happier with a lighter cart!

Shari,

Maggie will love both the lighter cart AND having you close enough to scritch her butt and tell her what a good girl she is. I'm just sad you'll no longer be close enough to drive on the beach with us...

At this past weekend's ADS conference fun day at Happs, Mingus took a number of people out for trial drives. Everyone had a blast and commented on its comfort. Even Gerard Paagman, who is more accustomed to driving an 8-in-hand hitch of Friesians, took Mingus and the HB out for a spin and loved both.

Of course, few of us have the agility and long legs of the ADS official who drove Mingus in the Teacup Challenge. A former dancer, he swung his leg up over Mingus' back with ease before settling into the seat and stirrups.

My online image host has apparently gone to the great upload in the sky, so my beach photos are no longer viewable. When I get a chance, I'll set up a new host and repost them.

If you join the HyperBike group on Facebook, you'll find some great discussions and accounts of people's adventures.

Well, I don't have any pictures but I just got back from my first Hyperbike ride ...
default_aktion033.gif
It was a blast ! My horse loves it , I love it . It is the most comfortable ride and it pulled like a dream for my little guy . We have alot of hills and DL seemed more willing to move out and I believe enjoyed the outing ! I want to thank everyone for the great advice and Bob for a great product !
default_saludando.gif
......Ann

Ever since I saw a pic of someone driving using a Hyperbike, I have been very intrigued. Would love to see more pics of Hyperbikes in use and love to hear of any experiences with them.

Thanks!
Here are my two guys and the HyperBike. This was at a Darby. The black and white and done a Darby before. The liver is doing his first Darby. We had a great time!

Rascaltw.jpg

PJwaterw.jpg

Here is my horse (brown) PJ, and Mom's horse, Rascal, at a Darby. It was PJ's first and Rascal's second Darby.

PJwaterw.jpg Rascalw.jpg IMG_6105.jpg

If you have never seen a Darby, it is a mixture of cones and hazards driven through on a prescribed course. With cones, just as in combined driving, the gates remain "live" - you drive through them in order, and cannot go back through them again, and if you knock a ball off, it's 10 points (seconds) added to the score. Hazards can be driven back through. If you miss a hazard gate, one can go back through and "retrieve" it.

For this particular Darby, there were 4 hazards alternating with 6 sets of cones, so in the last photo, Rascal has finished a grouping of cones and is freighting for the hazard on our right, then he will do the group of cones in this photo, and do the water hazard, and a final set of cones, finishing on a run to the finish line.

There are only two determiners for win: time and cones penalties. PJ isn't anything like fast, but he is sane and steady of pace. In the HyperBike, he can take lines some carts cannot. He won the Novice (trot only). Rascal is blazing fast, but not as steady. He had 2 balls down, so came in second behind Linda Smith's very stellar Rocky. It was close though; with the 2 balls down adding 20 seconds to his time, Rocky only beat him by 1 second. But at the end of the day, Rascal had the fastest time overall, by 11 seconds.

Not to hijack the thread...but LazyRanch, where can one get full information about Darbys--how they are set up, patterns, full rules, divisions, etc., etc., etc.? Sounds like something we'd like to try over here in NM!

Thanks for any info,

Margo

PS...I am starting to feel that my reservations about the Hyperbike *might* break down!(It's never been because I don't like the vehicle, but that I am not sure it would work for ME, at my age and being not as spry or flexible as I used to be!!)I've always felt it has GREAT benefits, esp. the light weight and stability, for someone like me!!

Shari, how exciting that you are going to get one!!!

Margo, go for it ! I wish I would have listened and bought the Hyperbike first but I didn't think I was co-ordinated enough !...although saying that I love my Aerocrown! The Hyperbike is perfect for my horse and really isn't that hard to get used to . i have already been over tree roots and it is really easy to "go with the flow" of the bike . .......Love it , love it , love it ...did I mention I love it
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

Ann

Margo, All I can say is you need to try one for yourself. As I have said before, I'm the poster child for gimpy drivers -- my legs and back have very little flexibility and cause me constant pain, but I can drive for hours in the HB, and I can get in and out more quickly and safely than with the EE. I do adjust the stirrups from how most people have them, but it all works well for us.

Especially important for the less than agile is to have a horse with a solid, dependable whoa -- but that's true for any cart or carriage. For extra safety until you're used to climbing in, have someone head your horse -- just little reassurance for both of you.

Thanks for the encouraging words, ladies! Right now, I am 'vehicle-poor' for a combination of reasons, and will most likely have to sell a couple before I can get ANYTHING else, but I may start thinking in that direction.

My fully-trained driving horses are solid in their basics, so am not really concerned about having to have a header...I had to make them that way, because I have NEVER had a helper!

Margo

What was it... a year after I broke my back I met up with the NW mini drivers and Sheryl let me try the HB out, wasn't very comfy for me at the time.

But I have healed, as much as I am going too.. and now used to my back feeling lumpy in places it shouldn't be. Also had Bob got a different seat for me like another HB owner put on their HB. It has more support.

This time around, I know I will have no problems with it, specially with the different seat.

You should give it a try Margo, might be surprised you find it a comfy safe cart and if you think it needs more support, ask Bob about the seat I am getting with mine.

default_yes.gif

Shari, you will probably have yours before I'd be in a position to order, but I do hope you will share photos and details of how your seat differs from his 'standard' for the Hyperbike when you do get it! Should be informative for everyone interested in the Hyperbike!

Margo

Latest posts

Back