Hyperbike Measurements

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jleonard

Reaction score
I am seriously considering getting a hyperbike. I would really like to get a cart that will fit my 31" mini. The easy entr ht I curenly have works, but it's really too big for her. Plus the hyperbikes look like a blast! I would just like some clarification of what measurements they need from those of you that have them. the site asks for width of chest, barrel measurements, and height at shoulder, however, there is no diagram and I want to be sure that I give them the correct measurements. What are they looking for?

Hiya!

I think a Hyperbike is PERFECT for your smaller mini. They are naturally lighter and also less cumbersome in appearance. I know Sheri Hill has smaller minis and uses Hyperbikes. The BEST thing you can do is begin a dialog with the maker, Robert Graham. He can direct you to what measurements are needed. IMO, the most important would be the true height of your mini (measuring from the top of the withers to the ground), perhaps a "blanket" type measurement from the point of the rump to the chest/shoulder (i.e. the overall length of your mini) and possibly their leg length (minis' leg that is).

The rest really should fall into place naturally.

Still, it's best advice to talk to Robert. He really goes the extra mile to ensure that your cart will be the right fit for you and your horse(s).

I hope this helps out! I LOVE my Hyperbike. It is now 8 years old and works wonderfully.

Liz

I will do that, thanks! I have been looking at them for a long time, but didn't want to rush into buying a cart until I was sure what I wanted to do. I have only heard good things about them, and they always look like so much fun!

Yes, it really is as fun as it looks, even more so.

I would never be without a Hyperbike as long as I had a driving horse.

Liz

When I post my account of our Happs schooling show adventure, I'll have the all-time HyperBike testimonial...to be continued...

(I'm off for a couple more days...just stopped in to check email and the forum...)

I have been on the phone with Robert Graham several times in the last month. He was very helpful and patient with my questions. One thing I asked was if the Hyperbike would work for my 30 inch miniature as well as the 34 inch. He said it would, it is all very adjustable. And that if I wanted to get a larger than 34" horse all I would need to purchase would be a different set of shafts.

I placed my order for a Hyperbike last week. I am really excited! Little Bill is doing great in the training cart, but it seems big and awkward for him. Especially since he is so round and out of shape. I am hoping that with the Hyperbike I can get him fit and trim, and it will be fun doing it :~)

Thank you all for your help.

Susanne, I will look forward to your account!

Kellie, I'm glad you addressed the question of the different sizes, as I am in the same situation and it is great to know that it would work with my bigger girl once I get her going better. I will definitely be in contact with the company! How very exciting for you to know that it is "on the way"!

Ditto what Liz said regarding talking to Bob. He is the single most outstanding example of customer service I think I've ever seen and I can't recommend him highly enough. I was just talking to him last week about my own Hyperbike and I've had it for what, three years now? He's still right there whenever I need him, answering questions and providing modifications on demand and generally being a doll. I'm proud to call him a friend as well as a business associate and I think you'll be pleased with your Hyperbike if you get one. If it somehow isn't right, he'll fix it! Mine has worn like iron and believe me, it's been beaten up. Kody is getting harder and harder on his carts as he gets older and faster in the hazards and the Hyperbike is the one vehicle I never worry about overturning or slamming around.
default_thumbup.gif
I know it can take it!

susanne said:
When I post my account of our Happs schooling show adventure, I'll have the all-time HyperBike testimonial...to be continued...
Hey now, I think I win with the "all-time" testimonial! *LOL* I drove it on one rim through a whole marathon, remember?
default_biggrin.png
Yours was pretty great though and Mingus looked SO GOOD!!! I do wish I could have seen him in the Hyperbike...darn those conflicting competition times....

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got in from driving and had so much fun today. They mowed paths around some of the trees in the little wooded area behind us and we had so much fun flying through here, but I just kept thinking how much more fun we would have with the hyperbike! After today, I cannot wait to place my order. It is also great to know that they hold up as well as they say, I have heard many people comment on their durability. Only problem now is, I'm so excited it is going to be a long wait, lol, but I know it will be well worth it!

jleonard~ When I first talked to Bob a couple months ago the wait was about 16 weeks since the Hyperbikes were build one at a time to order. When I talked to him last week he said they had modified and improved the original design so much that they now easily adjust for a bigger size range of mini/pony. So he is now making a few Bikes ahead (partial build) and will do the custom work as ordered. I don't know how much time this will cut off delivery, but some. At that time (last week) Bob had a few in stock at the painting stage of process, and two of them were not yet pre-sold. I have sent my deposit for one of them. I certainly can not speak for Bob as to weather one is still available or not. But if you are ready to order I would not delay, call ASAP. Maybe you can get one that has already been started.

I know he was holding one for me to take to the National Drive and sell but since I'm not able to go that one should be available. Call and find out!

Leia

I just ordered my Hyperbike about three weeks ago and I am so excited to get it!! I ordered mine for my Lily who is a tiny refined 30" mare. She currently drives in my Graber and does darn good in it but it is still a bit too big for her. I was wondering Liz or Leia what length reins do you use with your Hyperbikes?? I ordered a 24" whip like Bob said but what about my harness should it just fit?? Traces will fit?? I can't wait to get it should be about another week!!

Ohhh, that would be fantastic if he still had one in stock, I will call tomorrow!

Leia-sorry to hear that you won't be making it to the Drive after all, I was hoping to see you again! And you would already have had a buyer for the 'bike, lol.

I know J., I know! I can live without the Drive itself but not seeing you, Jan Dunn, JJay, Peggy, Boinky, Eve Dexter, Beth R., and all the others that are going to be there this time is killing me. Dang it all!

mgranch said:
I was wondering Liz or Leia what length reins do you use with your Hyperbikes?? I ordered a 24" whip like Bob said but what about my harness should it just fit?? Traces will fit?? I can't wait to get it should be about another week!!
The harness should fit absolutely the same as with any other cart, the seat just happens to be sitting on top of the singletree instead of way behind it.
default_biggrin.png
With regular light leather show reins I'm able to just double them up in my left hand and I'm fine. If you have heavier synthetic reins it would probably be too cumbersome and you'd need shorter reins. Try yours and see!

I really ought to get business cards as a Hyperbike Sales Associate!
default_laugh.png
Just do me a favor and any of you who decide to order one, mention my name. I want Bob to know I'm out there spreading the word about how great he is. It's the least I can do!

Leia

I use the regular reins, too, but could probably do with some full-size horse riding reins to be more comfortable. There is an awful lot of extra leather to deal with in the Hyperbike as opposed to my old Easy Entry.

The traces fit perfectly.

A dressage type whip seems to do the trick, when I remember to use one.

Liz

Thanks Leia!! I have the Ozark pleasure harness so it should work just great with my Hyperbike. Bob asked how I found out about the Hyperbike and I told him from you!! I told him we had talked about it and I had seen pics of you driving in yours!! So, there is one sale for you!!

I got a hyperbike about 3 weeks ago and absolutely love it
default_biggrin.png
my 30 inch mini can now go up and down hills a lot easier and I was out for almost 2 hours on the trails last week and he never broke a sweat
default_biggrin.png

Thanks Liz I hadn't thought of full size horse riding reins that's a great idea!! In fact I think I have some just laying around the barn!! I did buy a dressage whip from Big R for $8.95 so that was a great buy and it is really cute!!

Latest posts

Back