Hyper-bikes for regular ponies?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiologyBrain

Reaction score
Im interested in the Hyper-bikes, but I think even my ‘mini’ will be too big for them. Is there anything similar for larger ponies? My ‘mini’ is probably already 36” at only a year old. My other pony is considerably larger at 12-2 HH.

Is there a practical reason why a bigger sized hyper-bike wouldn’t be feasible? I was wondering if it would be possible to fabricate one.

This is my 12-2 HH Curly (blue roan) that I really want to drive & my ‘mini’ Curly yearling (silver buckskin) that I hope to drive one day.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 402D8F0F-0DFD-43B9-AC72-2F309EF74747.jpeg
    402D8F0F-0DFD-43B9-AC72-2F309EF74747.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1
  • CBAE10B7-3C59-492F-B49D-861754F2C30D.jpeg
    CBAE10B7-3C59-492F-B49D-861754F2C30D.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1
I am sure the HB folk might answer, but I will tell you there is another option that has you sit like on a kitchen chair, which allows you to use your legs - and it is easy entry. The Standardbred racing bikes are very similar to the HB, and obviously they race in them on a very flat surface - picture that with a bit of speed on rough ground! Seems to me that would be all I would need to do with a 12 hand horse!! For mildly rough trails, our new Firefly can be up-sized proportionate to the horse. It has "sprung shafts" which are an actual energy absorption system, and is what makes this cart workable on most terrain. If you want to go on really rough terrain - you need to look at carts that have some sort of axle suspension, and very best, is a cart with independent suspension. This is the Firefly

Attachments

• Firefly black new 2.jpg
    Firefly black new 2.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 6
I am sure the HB folk might answer, but I will tell you there is another option that has you sit like on a kitchen chair, which allows you to use your legs - and it is easy entry. The Standardbred racing bikes are very similar to the HB, and obviously they race in them on a very flat surface - picture that with a bit of speed on rough ground! Seems to me that would be all I would need to do with a 12 hand horse!! For mildly rough trails, our new Firefly can be up-sized proportionate to the horse. It has "sprung shafts" which are an actual energy absorption system, and is what makes this cart workable on most terrain. If you want to go on really rough terrain - you need to look at carts that have some sort of axle suspension, and very best, is a cart with independent suspension. This is the Firefly

Thanks Patti!

The HyperBike fits horses up to 44 inches, or 11 hands, so well beyond "mini" size. Your smaller horse will have no problem. As for your taller pony, I would contact Bob Graham of Graham Carriage Works, maker of the HyperBike, and him if the additional height can be accomodated. He is incredibly helpful and would welcome your call.

My small pony, Mingus, and I love our HyperBike and use it at the wheels highest callout and with C-sized shafts.

Patty's Pony Place has outstanding carts, and I'm jealous of everyone who has one.

Back