Huybers Utopia 2014 foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked the cam.....THERE'S A BABY IN THERE!!!! Tell us, I missed it!!!

Yes I see a baby too!! I guess we did miss it! Looks like a cute little foal!

Congratulations , Cant wait to see some pics
default_yes.gif

Many congrats - come on spill the beans, we are all anxious to hear the details and see the pictures.
default_yes.gif

Sorry it took me so long to get back, Ive been sleeping up a storm as I have 3 more mares coming up in a week so need to catch up fast. It seems to me that I've had about 40% of my foalings be red bags. I've got to go back and count, but it sure is close to routine here for me now.

Dream went down panting for quite a long time, up and down and panting but no pushing. Then finally she started pushing, I waited but since there was no breaking of the water I knew what was coming. Cut into the placenta when it showed up. Helped to deliver foal as quickly as possible. He spitted and sputted quite a bit but seems just fine. He is MR Laidback, nothing excites this boy. I pick him up routinely and he just lays there, happy as a clam. Love him

Huybers Utopia FireFox

IMG_2074.JPG

IMG_2075.JPG

IMG_2076.JPG

What a cute little guy!! So glad you were there for her and him! Wonderful. Rest up and keep us posted on the upcoming ones! Sounds like you're about to get even busier.

Since Dream is my Therapy horse, there is great excitement from the special needs people who we visit about this new baby. One of them got a chance to come to the barn when Fox (the new baby) was 2 days old. Her name is also Amanda coincidentally and she adores Dream and fell in love immediately with the baby. Here are a few pics. I think the boy has the personality to be a therapy horse too.

IMAG0263.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

These kind of days make it all worthwhile.

Meanwhile Buffy is at day 322 and has a good starter udder but not filled completely, she usually foals around day 330. And Fly has a huge udder at day 317, but her milk is not quite ready, it is testing between 7.2 and 7.8 pH but no hardness yet. So we have a ways to go with those two.

I'm personally glad for some down time, to sleep and clean my house which has been totally neglected these last few weeks.

AWESOME photos! So nice to see a healthy little one enjoying some company! Thank you for sharing the special photos!

Latest posts

Back