Husband ever say "It's me or the horses"?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is too funny
default_new_rofl.gif

I would do the same if I ever got that ultimatum.

When my husband proposed to me, I was still wearing my riding clothes, having just come from the stables. I figure if a man asks a woman to spend the rest of his life with him...whislt she smells of horse...he shouldn't have any qualms at all with sharing her with her horses.

My husband would not give such ultimatum; unless he was already packed-n-wanting to leave...he KNOWS what the first love in my life is.

Sue --

That reminds me
default_biggrin.png
I got married in jeans and ariat boots!!! As you might guess, it was quite the formal affair
default_biggrin.png

Jill

wedding6.gif

About 7 years ago my Hubby told me it's Me or the horse. It was an immediate response "It's The Horse".The next morning he told me I could keep the horse to which I told him that's a given now I have to decide if I am keeping you. Well I did and it has never been brought up again.By the way I had aadded quite a few more horses after that. Funny it takes awhile for Men to figure out horse women.

I love it!!
default_biggrin.png
What a great add! I hope my husband knows better, I had horses and critters way before I had him!

That's way too funny. Terry has tried that approach by coming on strong about something and I have said"What in our history has ever told you you could say no to me" To borrow a line from the Jackie Chan movie. I think he has figured out where I stand.

Thhat's great!

It reminds of a t-shirt I saw. It was a Lichtenstein-style cartoon...closeup of a woman with a tear running down her face. Thhe voice bubble read:

"He said it was me or the pets, and -- sob! -- we miss him!"

On our first date, Keith had to pass inspection by my dog and cat. I told him later that it was a good thing they approved!

That is too funny!!!!
default_biggrin.png
Most of you already know what my answer was to THAT question!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Liz R.

On our first date, Keith had to pass inspection by my dog and cat. I told him later that it was a good thing they approved!
My husband had to pass the Jamie test. Jamie was a great judge of character. When he came up to the husby and started snuffling his pockets looking for a goodie I said, "Well, he likes you, so I guess you must be OK."

He said, "I don't mind having to pass pony inspection. *whispered to pony* we won't tell her I rolled in sugar cubes before I came over, ok?"

I figured any guy who would whisper in my pony's ear had to be ok.

had to laugh at that, boyfriend was jealous of the time i spent with my horse even though i took him riding whenever he wanted, and i did everything including drive the truck... he just enjoyed, no work. told him, don't ask me to choose between you and my horse, you WON'T like the answer... oh yeah, guess i should have said at the beginning EX-boyfriend
default_biggrin.png

as for hubby now, he knew what he was getting into although i did let him veto riding my horse down the aisle at our wedding :DOH! but then again i don't tell HIM no to his guns, tractors, antique engines...

he did try to tell me no more dogs when i wanted my dog's granddaughter who looked just like her auntie... i said, we will just keep talking about it until you are reasonable. finally i asked him, since i am the one who buys the dog food, pays for the vet, takes care of the dogs... who is HE to tell me NO? and did he want me to start telling HIM no????? i was calm and reasonable and he saw the light
default_wink.png

had a friend years ago, like a big brother, no romance anywhere to be found, but he DID kiss my horse on the nose... at that point i decided i would NEVER marry a man who wouldn't kiss my horse
default_wub.png
well, i did, but at least he only rolls his eyes when I kiss my horses... donkeys... mules... dogs...
default_biggrin.png
he says i have to wash before i kiss HIM but i figure what he doesn't know won't hurt him
default_wink.png

I got married in jeans and ariat boots!!! As you might guess, it was quite the formal affair
At the price of a good pair of jeans and Ariats...you prolly spent as much as I did on my dress. :DOH!
default_biggrin.png

Back