Hurricane

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are thinking of you Karin, Christy, Ann S and Debra G and anyone else in the path. Wish we could help more. Please stay as safe as possible.

It's moot at this hour but the reason for leaving the halters w/ID on your horse, in addition to painting on contact info, is so that IF your horse gets loose and it still has it's halter on, someone may be able to catch it. In emergecny's like this we must consider that non-horse people may be able to help with some tools in place. The odds of a break-away halter being in a problem in this storm are far outweighed by the potential benefit, IMO and experience. Even the spray paint and grease paint can be washed off in heavy rain so a halter w/ ID gives owners a little extra help.

I live in Kansas and when we are under a tornado warning, not just a watch, and if the storm system is looking like things could get messy here I leave halters on all of my horses- the big and small ones. In my rural area everyone knows everyone elses horses but I want them to be able to catch and tie them up somewhere secure until I can reconnect with them.

Stay safe those of you who are in or near harms way.

Prayers for a safe day tomorrow for all of you and your animals in Katrina's path...I've watched all day about Katrina and am so worried for all you..God bless you all.

Hi guys,

The winds are starting to pick up but we will only go up to 45 mph here in Opelousas.

Karin Santangelo just called and her electricity is out (Robin - she said she was emailing you when it went out - arghh!). A tree limb fell and the horses went running but no body hurt.

The wind is predicted to get to 70 mph in Baton Rouge where Karin and Christy D'Armond are. Ann Simmons may get that a maybe a little stronger. I don't know if she has lost electricity as she went to her daughter's house.

New Orleans is starting to flood and some of the pumps are going out, which keep the water out of the city.

This will go on all day...prayers welcome!

Monette
saludando.gif

My reason for ID tags on horses halters and not paint was I'd heard that the paint can come off in the torrential rain and/or be rubbed off.

Sending tons of White Light out to everyone in the storm's path.......

I also heard that the storm is aimed toward Tennessee when it travels inland, Marty and I know other Forum members could be affected. Larry and I feel very helpless living so far away and not being able to help.

MA

I live in middle Tennessee, and it is headed right toward us. I need to go get an ID tag for Harley in a little bit, just in case he gets loose again. I need to call around to see about where to get one. Maybe TSC can help me.

Good Luck to all in this messy path, God Speed!

this may seems stupid but not being from a storm zone, ... leaving halters on is considered a no no for the horses sake, what about putting id tags in mane or tails, Actually tie them in the hairs.

Bless all of you and keep you safe.

Please know that my prayers are with all of you in Louisiana. This is just so tragic and horrid!

Please everyone, be safe, you and all your beloved animals---we are thinking about you all! jennifer

Latest posts

Back