HURRICANE WE made it.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunseri Farms

Reaction score
We are alive and glory to God. What and experience it was. The horses all made it fine and not a scratch on them. The barn, House, Fence has damage. Today is the first day for power and phone. Others are still with out. MRE's are not that bad when you are hunger. Water,fuel, food was hard to come by. Fuel is still hard to get lines are hours long.

I have a son in the City of New Orleans and as a mother it is hard not hearing for him. Cell phones are of no use here either.

One moring at 2 :00 I was finally able to get him on hte phone. The bad things you hear are all true and then some. As they find bodies they have to tie them to street signs or something to hold them for later. Looters were tring to get in the hospital that they were guarding for the drugs.

I am so happy to be here and ruffing it wasn't so bad.

It has brought families and neighbors closer together.

So give you family a hug tell them you love them.

Try it for a day with out all of the necess. enjoy the quite tiime with the family you all be glad you did.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!

God Bless!!!

P.S. there are plenty of horses and horse owners that are still homeless &

abandoned.

aktion033.gif
So glad to hear you are OK!!! How terrifying!

So good to hear one family is doing well after the horrible disaster you went through. Wondeful that it has brought families and neighbors closer together. None of us out here really know what it has been like for all of you there. So true that people do need to appreciate each other more and kindness shown. Mary
yes.gif

Sunseri Farms said:
We are alive and glory to God. What and experience it was. The horses all made it fine and not a scratch on them. The barn, House, Fence has damage. Today is the first day for power and phone. Others are still with out. MRE's are not that bad when you are hunger. Water,fuel, food was hard to come by. Fuel is still hard to get lines are hours long. I have a son in the City of New Orleans and as a mother it is hard not hearing for him. Cell phones are of no use here either.

One moring at 2 :00 I was finally able to get him on hte phone. The bad things you hear are all true and then some. As they find bodies they have to tie them to street signs or something to hold them for later. Looters were tring to get in the hospital that they were guarding for the drugs.

I am so happy to be here and ruffing it wasn't so bad.

It has brought families and neighbors closer together.

So give you family a hug tell them you love them.

Try it for a day with out all of the necess. enjoy the quite tiime with the family you all be glad you did.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!

God Bless!!!

P.S. there are plenty of horses and horse owners that are still homeless & 

abandoned.

462371[/snapback]

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you all made it thru the storm. I can't imagine how bad it really is. You sound positive and that is great. Take care and good luck ruffing it.

aktion033.gif
That brought tears of relief to me. I am so glad you are doing ok and hopefully you can hang in there! Success stories are the best!
yes.gif
Prayers will continue for all out there!

Yeah! I'm so glad you are ok and your family and horses are ok too. How did your other animals fare?

So glad to hear that you and the horses are safe.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

All other animals are fine to. Thank you all for your knidness,

My family has suffered 2 losses. (deaths) due to the storm.

I hope I never have to go through this again for as long as I live.

Thank you all and God Bless each of you!

Joyce

I'm sorry for your losses my thoughts and prayers are with you.

And on a happier note I'm glad you made it through with just a few scrapes.

Joyce, I am so sorry for the losses in your family due to the storm.

I am glad for you that you are still there and capable of rebuilding.

My thoughts are with you as well as your family.

Liz M.

So sorry for your losses, our thoughts and prayers are still with you all. This sort of post is a very sobering thought, amid all the bickering and finger pointing, the getting on with your lives has to start. As Politicians duck and weave and shift blame and shout, ordinary people, the people they were elected to serve try to get on with their lives.

I am so glad you made it through, I hope you can pick up the pieces now, and move on. Will you get aid, do you know??

So glad to hear from another survivor, my heartfelt condolences on your losses and many prayers coming for your continued strenghth.

I am so glad you are ok. The closest i have to compare it to and it isnt really the same at all is the Northridge earthquake we went thru. I remember driving down the streets that looked like a war zone something so surreal it seemed to be out of a movie or something waiting on trucks to come in and give water and food and that was just a couple of days nothing at all like what you have gone thru.

Disasters like this seem to bring out the best or the worst in people very little gray area there.

So glad you are ok and your son is fine

Glad you made it ok --- sorry to hear of your loss.

I cannot even BEGIN TO IMAGINE what you and others have gone through -- Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

JJ

So glad to hear you and yours are making it through! I know it must be very difficult for all of you! You have my deepest respect! jennifer
saludando.gif

So sorry to hear you had losses in your family. Glad to hear that you have not had more troubles than those that you have mentioned. It is so hard for some of us to comprehend yet I think.

Latest posts

Back