Hurricane RITA - Help Offered - Check-in

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KBond

Reaction score
Well,

Here we go again.......

If you are on the gulf coast of Texas and want refuge farther north (although we will get rain if it comes onshore in TX), come on up. We are in northeast Texas. I can handle some stallions, etc.

Let me know what your needs are and I'll try to get you accomodated.

Kim

903-521-4951

Kim,

This post is so kind and generous of you!
cheekkiss.gif
Hugs and prayers for all in Rita's coming path. Keep safe everyone, and if at all possible, try to prepare NOW.

God be with.

That is very kind of you! I'm about 100miles north of Galveston and I've already made my evacuation plans. Fortunately, I work at Texas A&M and we're one big family. So....my mare is going to stay at someone's barn, 1 dog and cat will go to a coworker, and myself, my husband, and 2 dogs will stay with another coworker. College Station is only another 50 miles from my house going North and they are expecting hurricaine force winds there as well. But, its a safer alternative to home and I'll be close to the vet school should anything happen.

That is so wonderful of you to offer assisitance.......we are in centrel Texas and I have horses/goats coming tomorrow from the Houston area....my friend and her husband just bought a little farm there......I feel so Blessed to be able to help...made me cry when she asked.I have been waiting for a Katrina family but I quess God works in mysterious ways and kept our place open for her and her family & critters. My thoughts go out to everyone who is faced with this uncertainty, can not even imagine.

We have some capacity here too if we can help out. Can't handle stallions right now, as we are in a move and cross fence is limited. We are just north of Austin.

Sure hope this one doesn't hit as hard as Katrina.

Jan

Added - 512-255-7636 or email [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Karin!

Gig 'Em Aggies!! That's where I met my husband!! My mother in law is in Bryan - actually most of my husband's family is there. She may come up - said she has her bags packed, water, tuna fish and spare gas.

Let me know if you decide to come farther north,,,

I posted on another thread but will also post here......

Have room for a couple of stallions and several mares/geldings. We are in northeast Texas. Can also take a few other pets....

Call and let me know what you need! Stay safe!!

Kim

903-521-4951

well guys, its gonna be a wild ride... thanks for everyone who has opened their hearts to us who are in the path... please keep us and all of our friends who are much closer to this situation in your prayers.... we have 30 little minis- and several dogs and cats... my lil sister is staying with us along with her show poodles... we have been preparing for several days, so hopefully we will be fine.... We went thru Alicia in the 80/s and it was devasting.... we live closer this time, so its gonna be wild....

I am in Burleson TX right outside of Fort Worth. I can help if needed. I have room/set up for stallions as well. Please feel free to call & I certainly will do anything I can to help. Please don't hang back because of not wanting to part with your animals. We will work it out. Barns & houses can be replaced. Humans & Animals can't so don't hestitate to call.

817-233-3269 Cell#

Thoughts & Prayers to everyone.

Be safe,

Sherry

We have room in a couple of pastures and a few stalls available in our foaling barn. Located just south of Austin and three miles off I-35.

Help needed per a posting on free want ads on Little beginnings:

Is someone close to help them out?

ID# : 16541 Date posted : Sep 21, 2005

Price: none

Ad Type : Miniature Horses & Items -> z Announcement! z

City, State/Province : El Campo,Texas

We live in El Campo and are in the middle of having storm Rita. We are looking for a place to take our miniature horses out of the storm path north of Elcampo. We have 9 mares, 1 gelding and 2 stallions. I am afraid for our horses. Telephone is 979-578-0063. Thanks You

Contact Information: Contact Phone: Phone: 979-578-0063

Contact E-mail: Contact: [email protected]

Home Page

countryrose said:
We live in El Campo and are in the middle of having storm Rita.  We are looking for a place to take our miniature horses out of the storm path north of Elcampo.  We have 9 mares, 1 gelding and 2 stallions.  I am afraid for our horses. Telephone is 979-578-0063.  Thanks You
We have offered to keep the Priestmeyer's horses. They are going to try to find something closer, but may bring them tomorrow if they can't find something nearer.

Tony said:
countryrose said:
We live in El Campo and are in the middle of having storm Rita.  We are looking for a place to take our miniature horses out of the storm path north of Elcampo.  We have 9 mares, 1 gelding and 2 stallions.  I am afraid for our horses. Telephone is 979-578-0063.  Thanks You
We have offered to keep the Priestmeyer's horses. They are going to try to find something closer, but may bring them tomorrow if they can't find something nearer.

471091[/snapback]

Thanks for your generosity Tony and hope they find something.

[SIZE=14pt]Wow, you guys are awesome! To offer help is so very, very kind and considerate. James and I and our 2 minis are right now at this time planning on staying. We live in Spring, TX just about a mile north of Houston right off I-45. We have a generator, water, food for us and Cowboy and Liberty and a wind up radio. [/SIZE]

I would like to give my cell phone to ya'll just in case you don't hear from me. 713 253 6300 or my husband is 713 725 1111. James mom and her 92 yr old sister live just around the block and they will come stay with us if all gets bad.

I posted previously on another thread that Cowboy, my 12 yr old gelding, lived upstairs on our wrap around covered balcony for 5 days and nights, 4 years ago when we had 45 inches of water in our downstairs caused by tropical storm Allison. He did very well. Well now we have Liberty, our little fiesty yearling and it will be very interesting if we have to bring her upstairs too. But she follows Cowboy around and will probably be okay if she is near him. I don't think we will have the flooding problem like 4 years ago but we most likely may have some strong winds. Our home is built to handle flood as we live on a creek; so all my living area is upstairs; only garage and gameroom downstairs. So if winds are the issue and not flooding then we can move the 2 minis into the garage.

We have many old large oak trees so I sure would hate to lose even one of them. Also a forest behind us and 5 acre never cleared forest across the street in front of the house.

keep us in your prayers. God Bless all.

kd sword

spring, tX

281 651 8555 hm

I just talked to my friend in Katy Texas near Houstan..she is bringing up who she can tonight.(horses).she says batteries can no longer be found...food is already scare on shelves..she could not even find a store thatl had bread.......bless her heart........I told her to load up the rest tommorrow and come stay here!!!!!! IShe has two children.......my husband works for Sprint, keeps the cell towers up and running..he is already gone and on the road......everyone is in our prayers

yellerroseintx said:
That is so wonderful of you to offer assisitance.......we are in centrel Texas and I have horses/goats coming tomorrow from the Houston area....my friend and her husband just bought a little farm there......I feel so Blessed to be able to help...made me cry when she asked.I have been waiting for a Katrina family  but I quess God works in mysterious ways and kept our place open for her and her family & critters. My thoughts go out to everyone who is faced with this uncertainty, can not even imagine.
470526[/snapback]

Hi Yellow Rose!

Can I drive down from Wisconsin to help? Oh, what a privilege and joy! Sure wish I were closer to help other than to pray for those affected!

God bless!

Cindy

saludando.gif

This is for the Waco Heart of Texas Fair Grounds. They have room for 200 horses and have another place for 200 more if needed. Need current Coggins and space is first come, # is 254-776-1660

YellowRose, where in CenTX? I am just east of Waco.

Mom is coming up from just North of Houston, she left at about 3p and should have been here nearly 3 hours ago. Knew I45 would be a parkinglot but WOW. Poor thing, bet she will be a nervous wreck when she gets here. Lucky me LOL

I am in the NW corner of Arkansas, but have room for minis, big horses, cats, dogs, birds, etc. .. also people. Please call if I can help.

479-846-4585

Pam

Thanks everyone for offering pasture, stalls etc. We are in Willis and have 60 horses. I have been moving horses all day, making stalls for stallions etc. in our big barn. We will have 48 horses - mares and some mares with babies loose in the barn with 12 in stalls -- stallions - for a total of 60 horses. Just keep us in your prayers that our barn will hold up to the wind!!

Molly

Latest posts

Back