Hurricane RITA - Help Offered - Check-in

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello friends

I write in desperation as I have heard my place is inaccessable due to all the damage. Friends have tried to get in, and there are too many trees on my driveway to get in. They could not see my house, which is in plain view. I fear the worst. I have 25 horses there, my dog, and cats. I can rebuild my house, I cannot rebuild my horses. You all know I have had my QH for 21 years. He may be gone....We are in Checotah, Oklahoma, at a KOA campground. You can pm me, I can check e-mails peridiocally. Please pray for us

409-504-8194 if you hear anything

REPORT FROM WESTWOOD MINIS IN BEAUTMONT, TEXAS

This is SEAHORSE FARM, here. Just talked to Alicia Manuel by phone, and they are still at a campground somewhere in Oklahoma. They will be leaving there soon, but still can't go home, as there are trees and electric lines still down in Beaumont, and the officials won't let people back in right now.

She had heard from someone in her area, that FINALLY someone took the horses water, but that doesn't mean they will do that everyday, as there are like 25 horses there, and the locals have their own problems, less well taking on a herd of horses that isn't even theirs. She doesn't know the status of all the horses, meaning if any are hurt, or worse! If anyone that lives in that town, or near, could possibly take water to the 25 horses, and do a head count and condition on her horses, and report it back here, she would much appreciate it. The farm is located at:

15614 Old Sour Lake Rd.------Beaumont, Texas

I know you will help if you can, and thanking anyone in advance if they can, who lives in that area.

SEAHORSE FARM

Well guys we rode our Rita and we are all safe and sound.... we are located in Shepherd Texas south of the Trinity River Bridge,,, for those who have been watching the news they let out a heck of alot of water from Lake Livingston dam... its so sad so many have been flooded now and we have no power- or gas so they are just stuck../ FEMA has set up and the National Guard is in the area despensing food and water... we stocked up on everything so for now we are fine.... we have two generators running and are safe... we had to go about 35 miles this morning to find some more gas for generators... we should have enough for three days then its off again for more fuel... we came thru the storm with minimal damage-- lost several tops out of trees and the roof on well house.... our neighbors we not nearly as lucky-- they lost the entire side of their home.... several neighbors have placed frozen stuff in our freezers and we have plenty of water..... we are praying for those who are suffering the affects of Rita.... once again we are awaiting news fro Debra Gee... she called me before the storm to check on us... then the dang thing turned and hit close to her again.... she was prepared so hopefully she is fine... our town is totally destroyed they are telling us it may be two weeks before we get power.... COME ON COLD FRONT>>>> lol it was 108 here yesterday.... if anyone needs anything and is in our area email me or call 281 593 1559... we have plenty of food and water..... everyone be safe.//

i have been trying to get ahold of debra mcgee ever since katrina. Bev if you talk to her please have her call me at 217-898-1307

Ann---i still have never heard back from alicia

Kay

KAYKAY-----------read the other "pinned" hurricane topic. Alicia posted there late yesterday afternoon. After talking to her 3 times yesterday, and posting here, I too, couldn't get thru to her on her cell phone. It gave me the perpetual busy signal, like all the circuits were busy, everytime I tried to call her. But, according to her other post, hoping this rescue is resolved.

Thanks,

SEAHORSE

Back