Hurricane RITA - Help Offered - Check-in

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pepipony...we are near Killeen and Fort Hood..about 50 miles south of Waco. I heard on the news there are no rooms left in many areas..isn't it sad that Texans have to possibly leave there own State ...what a strange chain of events.

*** my friend JUST got here it is now 11:47 said traffic was sloooooow.....but horses are all tucked in and she is headed back home to finish up boarding up things.... next two come tomorrow.....bummer..they just bought 60 bales of $6 hay..noway to move it.....but at least they all will be safe and sound...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yellowrose, took mom nearly 6 hours, unreal! Glad yours got up safe and sound and are all tucked in
yes.gif
Hubby works out of Temple, BNSF RR Good luck w/the storm, Take care, Heather

Here are some of the local farms near the Bolivar Pensula, since they are now saying it is hitting here

Westwood Miniature HOrse Farm 409-504-0715 China, Texas, outside beaumont We are having to leave our horses Old Sour Lake Road

Cajun Creole Miniature HOrse Farm, Orange, left horses, 409-882-4159 Hudnall Road

Mary Breckling, Crosby Texas Leaving Horses

Rodeo Ranch, Debbie Wiggins, China, Texas Leaving Horses, Westbury Road

We are all evacuating this morning...

We are about 100 miles northeast of Dallas and can offer pasture space for 10-15 or more mares & foals and stall space for 3-5 stallions. We also have a 16' stock trailer that can be used if needed. They're predicting between 4-15" of rain for us even as far north as we are but glad to help anyone we can. Also, we have a spare bedroom, sofas and floor room if needed.

Sharman Brown

Thousand Oaks Ranch

Honey Grove, TX 75446

903/378-3263

[email protected]

http://www.ThousandOaksRanch.com

Hi

I too have plenty of room here. 50 acres with 8 traps, several stalls and plenty of portable panels and outbuildings for more stalls.

Please call if you need me. 254 796 9831 home, 254 796 4824 office, and of course email. [email protected]

There is also some room at my ranch house if you need to stay too. It would be "camping out " sorta, but clean and dry, with A/C.

I am in Hico, TX., about 45min - 60 mins off I -35 (near Alvarado).

Beth Wirht

I can take in 15 horses with separate facilities and stalls for stallions.

PLEASE let me know if I can help anyone!

903 762 2850

We are in East Texas about 1 hour north of Tyler.

Hi Gang,

Does anyone know how it will effect those in upper Texas? How far or much are people evcautating? I keeping seeing the path showing middle Texas as level 1. How will it effect us? Prayers for everyone.

Vicky

They are saying it may still be a Category 1 hurricane as far north as Austin. We will certainly have rain and winds here, possible tornados.

That said, we will be better off than the coastline. I still have plenty of room here for horses if anyone needs space and can still get out. Our niece was coming today from Houston but decided they have waited too late and can't get out now with traffic at a standstill. I know she is terrified.

Jan

512-470--7334 cell 512-255-7636 home

no.gif
Jeanne McClanahan of Lil Darlin Miniatures and Shetlands is having to try and evacuate over 125 head of Mini's and shetlands she is in the direct path as of now being in Highland , Tx she is about 2 miles I think from the Bay
no.gif

Carp & Brandy Carpenter were there this AM trying to get as many out for her as they could, and Larry Parnell has sent a big horse Semi from Arkansas which was there this early AM to get as many as possible on it.. I am praying for all those in the path of this storm !!
pray.gif
pray.gif

Part of the problem with evacuating now is that the roads are all gridlocked. They were supposed to open all lanes for outbound traffic but I don't know how anyone is going to get out in time with horses at this point. I've already evacuated to Bryan College Station, and am still in harms way.

Unfortunatly no room for horses or humans, but do have a little room for birds or small caged critters.

I wish there was some way that I could help. We are in Western Wisconsin and would be more then willing to take in minis or any animals for whoever would need a place.

I will continue to keep all of you and the precious animals in my prayers.

We are in the Florida Panhandle, 25 miles north of I-10 right on the FL, GA, AL border, We have about 25 acres of pasture we can hold a good number of mares and geldings in, Also have 3 - 15x15 stalls open that could hold stallions, and have enough mini panels to make 3 more small stalls.... Our number is (850) 569-2338

Hi, my horses are in Hookley in quarantine. Can anybody tell me if this is a dangerous area? I think it's 80 miles away from Houston. I can't do anything from so far away!!

tini-z said:
Hi, my horses are in Hookley in quarantine. Can anybody tell me if this is a dangerous area? I think it's 80 miles away from Houston. I can't do anything from so far away!!
471955[/snapback]

Hi,

I'm in the Bryan/College Station area not to far from Hockley.

I think your horses will be alright.

Suppose to get wind as strong as tropical force not hurricane force here.

Barbara

We heard from one of our customers yesterday who lives south of Houston in a dangerously low area. They are bringing their horses today and will ride out the storm with us. Luckily the roads are not as gridlocked as it was yesterday, just hope that they have plenty of gas because it is all gone along the route! They moved many of their belongings into a storage facility yesterday because they seriously doubt that their place will be there when they get back.

Because the storm seems to have moved somewhat to the east, Austin will not be getting hit, but expect some rain the first part of the week. We have filled up a big shelter and four of the Austin schools with evacuees so far.

We are probably too far north to be of much help, but I put our farm on the AMHA list with a few stalls and the ability to care for stallions.

We are right off of I-35 in Oklahoma City. there is a boarding facility just minutes from us. the owner has a heart of gold and loves minis.

If anyone is coming this way with minis or big horses and needs help or info.....405-771-3996

Charlotte

Horse Gazette is publishing a list of people/barns who can take in animals - horses, cats, dogs, cattle. Can be accessed through Lone Star Equine Rescue - www.lser.org

Jan

Added - this may already be posted back up the list, but the Washington County Fairgrounds at Brenham still have room for some horses. Contact there is Jeff Hines (I think) at 979-451-1479.

Hi,

We're located about 50 miles north of Dallas, right of Hwy 75. We have pasture room for horses and could make stalls for stallions if needed. We are expected to get alot of rain and wind, but I don't think it's supposed to be as bad as first expected. If we can help anyone, please let us know.

Janis

Camelot Country Minis

903-482-5637

903-436-0651

Our church had a special called prayer meeting last night to pray for all in harm's way, and to ask, if it was the Lord's will, that this storm weaken and not cause the impact and devestation of a category 5.

We are located in Northeast Texas about 115 miles NE of Dallas. We have only 5 acres divided into three pastures. We are setting up little stalls in our garage for our 7 minis - 3 mares, 2 babies & 2 yearlings - as we're afraid if we get as much rain as has been forecast, their little barn may get water because of some drainage problems we;ve not finished correcting. But if anyone needs another place, we could put some mares on a 1 acre pasture. Also have a stock trailer that could be used. Don't have any setup for stallions.

All of you in Rita's path please be careful. The Lord and His angels watch over you. We will continue to pray for you.

Latest posts

Back