Hurricane Gustav

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jetiki

Reaction score
Didn't see another thread on this so I started one.

Prayers for all of Forum members in the areas soon to be affected by this nasty monster. My thoughts are with you during this time.

wishing you all safe outcomes of this nasy situation.

Karen

I was just thinking of starting a Gustav thread. I've been watching Gustav's progress and he has turned into one big mean hurricane in such a short time today. Sounds like he may soon be a Cat 5 and will probably come into the Gulf as such. I've been reading over on COTH and people there are saying how bottled water is already scarce and there are long line ups for gas, and the general concensus is for anyone in the cone area to RUN and take your animals with you.

Stay safe everyone, and most important--keep your critters safe too!

Can New Orleans stand up to another strong hurricane? Current maps show landfall as being not very far west of that city, though of course that is subject to change yet.

Great post Karen!

If anybody can put these people or their horses up, I hope they will post. They are doing this on my French Bulldog yahoo group! What an amazing group of people! I can't imagine being in this situation! May God bless them and not let this be as bad as I'm hearing that it may be.

Can anybody help? I'm way out in New Hampshire...

Im in upstate South Carolina and can take 4-6 if they get along if any one can't find anything closer, meaning AL, GA, MS or North La. Possibly their humans as well.

Karen

Someone started a thread on the Back Porch a day or two ago...........

I'm thousands of miles away, so not easy to reach, but if I was within a couple of hundred miles out of danger with an open paddock or stalls, I'd be letting people know!

(We've done it for Forest Fire victims......it was no big deal and worked out fine!)

I have a 6 bedroom 3500 square foot house and a 30' camper

i can take animals and set up more pens for large animals and i have dog runs that i havent set up yet

im only 3 hours from shreveport, la

contact the number at the bottom of my post

We are in Georgia about a hour west of Savannah. We have a open pasture and 2 dry lots available to anyone needing help from the hurricane. Please just let us know.

Scary! :DOH! My prayers for everyone!

We're having thunder & heavy rain in SW OK. But it's a smaller, different system.

Stay safe everyone!

Hi, we are in North east Texas, Hewitt, right below Waco. I only have one extra pen area with an additional big dry lot, & I have 2 pastures, if anyone needs a place to put their miniature horses due to the storm. We are not set up for large horses. I also have a penned area for dogs, if needed. Please call 254-655-4181 if you can't find anywhere closer to bring your animals. God Bless & take care to all my friends in Louisiana. Make sure you e-mail when you can & let me know that you all are OK. If we can be of help to anyone, please let me know.

thanks everyone, it is so nice to know people are willing to lend a helping hand to the ones that are faced with Gustav.. I live right in the path of it in DeRidder, La.. It has been nothing but panic all day long here. Between 7 stores I finally got all my supplies for myself. Yesterday I got all the supplies for my animals so today I took care of myself. LOL.

we are running out of gas, no batteries are to be found. i paid $4.99 for 2 D size batteries this morning. I bought all they had which was only 4 packs. I could have cried but I sure was glad to get them even if I paid that for them. No water, no ice, for God sake no toliet paper. I don't know if I should laugh or cry at this point.

I plan to stay here and wait it out. I can't leave my animals behind even if it puts me in danger. i stayed with Rita and I'll stay with this guy. Hope it drops down in speed before it gets to us.. Only thing I need now is to figure out how to start our generator. My husband normally does that but he isn't here. won't be home from Iraq till Nov.. so a lot of good that does me now. Just hope I can at least talk to him before this hits. All the cell phones are going nuts right now.

Fema has moved in and oh i feel so much better. LOL. What a joke that was last time and I'm sure it will be the same this time too.

Please send your prayers that my animals stay safe.

Thanks Rhonda

Latest posts

Back