Hurricaine Relief - Space provided

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KBond

Reaction score
Well, it is still uncertain where Katrina will head next, but for those on the Gulf Coast it is going to happen somewhere. We have room for minis - I can stall 3 - 6 and am set up to handle stallions.

Just let me know if you need a place to come. I can probably arrange for more horses with friends and neighbors - just let me know what you need. We are in East Texas 1 mile north of I-20 between Dallas and Shreveport.

PM me if you need assistance and I will contact you.

Kim

Hi,

for myself, this means the world to me. I am on the coast, and If I needed a place, someone offering is a blessing. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Alicia

All though I am all the way on the Texas New Mexico boarder...I am always here to help. I have room for some and can make room if more is needed. Kim thank you for putting this out...I wouldn't even have thought about posting it here. Its the blonde in me
wacko.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That's so nice of you.
aktion033.gif

Wow........ I haven't seen a post from you in years!
saludando.gif

I'm in the other direction - Northeast Florida and can take someone in too. Have a 1 acre pasture with 4 stall barn someone could use. Stalls are large enough for more than 1 each. Could also work out some kind of elect hook-up for trailer if someone wanted to stay with their horses.

I'm up by Fort Worth, we have plenty of space and can take stallions, too. Large horses are OK, too! We have four large box stalls, and if necessary I can put my open mares back into the broodmare band, which frees up an entire field with a loafing stall....

Lucy

edited to say I have house room, too, if YOU need a place to crash. Bring sleeping bags, pets welcome.

Someone earlier offered their place, and although I am on the gulf coast, I too , will offer my farm as refuge for horses. It is a small place, but I can put all mine in one pasture, and offer the other pasture space to others.

I am off Interstate 10 near Beaumont, Texas. Please just e-mail me, or post here, I will keep an eye on things, and to all the people near New Orleans and the rest of the coast, my prayers go out to you. Hopefully it will make landfall elsewhere in a remote place, and no-one gets hurt.

And again, thanks to the other person that offered their place. You made me think, and are reminded how we can all help each other in needy times.

I can house a couple of stallions, too

Alicia

[email protected]

Alicia,

Bless you for your offering......

I live on the other side of the country, but wish if a storm hit our neck of woods that someone like you was living closer.....

MA

I was shocked when I got up this morning and seen she was now a 5!!

Thas is total devistation!!!

Karen from Nakar, I hope you are further up in LA! And is there any other forum friends in the area!!!

IF there is anyone in the path of this hurricane,, you will HAVE to leave and move your horses!!!

Being in 3 last year, and seeing what a Cat 3 and 4 can do it is so scary just thinking what a 5 will do. My barn was built very strong, but would not hold in 160MPH winds!!!

I know I am to far away to help but please if you are in the lower part of these states, start moving your horses NOW!!!

Camille hit LA in 69 and killed 200 peaple and leveled houses! I know the technology was not as good back then, but still this hurricane is dangerous.!

And everyone please let someone know if you need HELP, I know someone close to you can help. And check in and let us know how you are!

Angie

I live about an hour and half East of Shreveport, but if you need a place to take your horses...let me know. I can definitely arrange something! We pasture keep our horses, so the barn is not mini friendly, but I'm sure we can work out something. I don't want anyone to not have anywhere to go! I also know some others around here that would be willing to help!

I will be praying for everybody that is in harms way if you can't get out of the way of this Killer Storm NOW At 175 Wind speed~! Almost at the top end of the Cat. 5 scale..
new_shocked.gif
Darn with that kind of winds speed that is almost the speed of a tornado~!
new_shocked.gif
Only much much much bigger OUCH....

We're in Houston and have access to multiple places to handle horses and people. Please get out - take a northern route and then cut west - aim toward Hwy 59 before coming back south. Call me, email, let me know what help you need before or after Kat hits. [email protected] 281-970-7191 www.marjacs.homestead.com www.liveoakbooks.net Stay safe and keep your babies safe.

I am clear up in midwestern IL. but if for any reason you would want to come up this far (maybe you have relatives near here?) I would be glad to help out. I could take 4-6 depending on whether mare/stallion or big/small. Could also house two legged critters too
biggrin.gif

PLEASE - do take this seriously though. Back in 1993 the midwest had a terrible flood and several people thought they'd be out of harms way only to suddenly realize all access routes had been flooded and they and their livestock were trapped. Don't know if I ever heard the number of animals that were lost, but with all the pics I saw of animals swimming, I'm sure there were several.

Good luck and God bless and protect you all.

Karen from NaKar and also Christie D'Armond are both right in the path of this thing. I'm too far away to help, I hope they are both ok
no.gif

Just heard on the news that the entire city of New Orleans was just told to evacuate NOW!!!
ohmy.gif

Be safe.

I think I am too far, Indiana, to offer shelter,

but am willing to send supplies needed afterwards or whenever.

I'm pretty far north in Texas, about 80 miles north of Dallas right on the Tx/Ok border. I have room for around 10 horses, maybe more. My brother lives in Picayune, Miss. (about an hour east from New Orleans)and he is headed to Florida right now as I write this. This storm is headed directly toward his house. Glad he got out and hope his home is spared. If anyone needs a place to stall horses or even yourselves I've got room. I'm about a 10 hour trip from New Orleans. May everyone be safe.
pray.gif

Wish I was closer to help with housing - people or horses. If anyone knows of a fund to help with costs for the care of horses in the aftermath, please let me know. There will ba an awful lot of displaced animals I'm sure. Hopefully a lot are being evacuated and will be safe. 175 mph winds are awful scarey. Please stay safe.

Barbie

I am in East Texas, Grapeland, I have a six acre pasture if anyone needs it.

Please feel free to pm or call if you need help. I also have a spare room and large shop to store things.

936-687-3036

When Hurricane Floyd flooded the eastern part of NC, the loss of animal life was devastating. Many people had to evacuate and tied their dogs up so they wouldn't run away, only to come home and find that they drowned. Many herds of livestock literally washed away. Katrina is going to cause massive destruction. I helped organize an animal relief effort for Floyd and sent 4 tractor trailers of food and supplies to the area and will be glad to help anyone in Katrina's path to help do the same. The US Equine Rescue Leauge is here in NC and has a website and I'm sure will also be sending help. I can offer refuge for horses, dogs and people, but I'm in North Carolina. Please PM me if I can offer any help at all.

Latest posts

Back