Hurricaine Relief - Space provided

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brookhaven said:
When Hurricane Floyd flooded the eastern part of NC, the loss of animal life was devastating. Many people had to evacuate and tied their dogs up so they wouldn't run away, only to come home and find that they drowned. Many herds of livestock literally washed away. Katrina is going to cause massive destruction. I helped organize an animal relief effort for Floyd and sent 4 tractor trailers of food and supplies to the area and will be glad to help anyone in Katrina's path to help do the same. The US Equine Rescue Leauge is here in NC and has a website and I'm sure will also be sending help. I can offer refuge for horses, dogs and people, but I'm in North Carolina. Please PM me if I can offer any help at all.
456743[/snapback]

Black Magic said:
brookhaven said:
When Hurricane Floyd flooded the eastern part of NC, the loss of animal life was devastating. Many people had to evacuate and tied their dogs up so they wouldn't run away, only to come home and find that they drowned. Many herds of livestock literally washed away. Katrina is going to cause massive destruction. I helped organize an animal relief effort for Floyd and sent 4 tractor trailers of food and supplies to the area and will be glad to help anyone in Katrina's path to help do the same. The US Equine Rescue Leauge is here in NC and has a website and I'm sure will also be sending help. I can offer refuge for horses, dogs and people, but I'm in North Carolina. Please PM me if I can offer any help at all.
456743[/snapback]

456767[/snapback]

Ocala here! I have an empty mini barn that can hold three... and 2/3's acre fenced.... Anything I can do to help someone from the affected area please call me... 352-489-9453.

Last year, when I was in the same position... the money was just flowing all over the place trying to get our babies in a safe area... So anything I can do to help anyone, please call... We also have 4 acres of nothing but grass, but the fence needs work right now, so that's all we can offer..... but at least we have a barn... and there is always room in the house for guests...

God Bless you guys and have a safe travel...

Lynn W

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok latest report is that Katrina will go up the state of Mississippi, heading directly at Jackson. Thats where K-Nell is located, please say a prayer for them. Also in MS is Glen Oak and I know lots of others. I will make room if anyone needs it. But again I am also in NC. But we would find room for anyone that wants to come up here. I think we will be ok, once the storm starts to track back to the east it will be on the other side of the mountains so TN is going to also get hit hard. Please be careful there.

I know I am far away, but if any one needs to relay horses,, to make room for someone elses, I can take some. We have a 2 acres pasture in the back, no shelter but it will still hold horses, I could also house a stallion or two.

Please everyone head the evacuation warnings!! A lot of lives lost is from people refusing to evacuate and Emergency crews will NOT come out to rescue you once the hurricane hits!

I wish there was more I could do!
no.gif

I heard where I-10 was being used for evacuation only, both lanes and it is gridlocked!

I will be praying for everyone and their animals.

My farm is located 45 minutes north of Dallas just outside Decatur Tx. I can help out with pasture space ( I have 45 acres) and open air shelter if needed. My farm is all organic so the feed they would get is all natural and organic also, if that is not a problem.

I do not have a horse trailer but do have a 3/4 truck if you have one for me to use or you can have them sent to me.

My number is 940-627-4733.

God Bless you and yours.

BJ

Rockridge Farm
xreiter.gif

Wish there was something I could do too! But just to let you know, we are all thinking and praying for you down south! Our Church even sent prayers your way this morning too.

God Bless and take care!

I am about an hour north of Shreveport, La. If that can help anyone. We have a place that can hold minis.

I'm so far away....about the only help I can offer is my prayers......many, many prayers.
sad.gif
If you are in the line of the storm....PLEASE get out!

Hi. If someone needs the space I have room for at least 10 and can make arrangments for a stallion or two. I am located in south central Ar on Hwy 9.

If you know any one that needs a place for themselves their horses and even a dog or two have them contact me I will make arragngements to move my horses to the old barn and stall them in the new one.

Jan

I think I am too far away to offer shelter, Indiana.

But if after all of this is through, if you need supplies sent down there to help out, let me know. Will send what I can or get together a group of folks to get things down to you and your family/horses.

Use my pm or email.

Be safe.

I'm also too far away to offer anything but prayers. Although if any of you find yourself running all the way to Idaho, you are always welcome. I'm listening to the news on this terrible storm right now. Godspeed to you all.

Suzanne

We have five fenced acres where we could put some horses. Could put up some temporary shelters if necessary. Located about 75miles north of Little Rock. Just in case anyone needs some space in case of flooding or anything. Call us if you can use our help (501) 362-2646

Bonnie and Michael

Sure wish we could help to, we will be praying for all in the path. Ann Simmons-Seahorse Farm in Mississippi and Debra Gee-Dranna Farms are just south of New Orleans are right in the path.

Please report in when you can we will be all thinking of you.

yes.gif
yes.gif
So wonderful so many people are so willing to do so much to help. I just hope people will listen. get yourselves out while you can. A friend of mine in Fla. a few years ago lost 125 out of 130 horses Large to a smaller storm than this.

We are just north of Austin, outside of Round Rock, and will help anyway we can. We are packing up for a move and things are a little confusing, but between several of us in the area we could accommodate some horses and could at least call hotels for you in the area if we don't have room here. My cell 512-470-7334, or [email protected]

Stay safe,

Jan

I am in [SIZE=14pt]western KY [/SIZE]and heard on our local news that motels are filling up fast here!

So if anyone needs to travel this far north approx.9 hrs from New Orleand we can house horses ,pets and people.

We are too far away to be much help but my husband and I add our prayers to all those in the path of this unbelievable storm.

Guy & Stacy Score

Altho I am way up in northern Wisconsin, if anyone needs help--I have a large barn,(about 8-10 empty stalls at the moment) and can easily take a pasture from the large horses and use it for anyones minis, and put up a temp shelter for them. Might even be able to meet you somewhere in the Illinois area with a large draft horse trailer, and that can hold ALOT of minis. PLEASE everyone stay safe, prayers going out for everyone. Corinne

Back