Huntly Brown Letter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about the agnostics and atheists of the world? Are they dragging us down?
I do believe that faith is a very important part of life. We are a society that needs direction and that is obvious IMO, and yes I do believe that faith provides that. Does that mean that athiests are the evil of the world, absolutely not (my father is an athiest)...I'm not the judge. I can state my opinon, and yes, I wish my father would find a higher power, I think it would do him good. It might suprise you Lowrise that I do not practice organized religion, however I do think that people would be better off with faith and something to believe in no matter what that may be...something good, something better. If you think that is something that is worthless than fine, that is your opinion. I choose to be more positive though.

I never said that faith was worthless, I was disagreeing with what seemed from your post to be your opinion that lack of a belief in God was ruining our country.

Believe it or not, I don't practice organized religion either, but I do have faith in a few things.

Aside from "under God" being in our pledge, it is also on our money, which so many seem to think the economy is so important, thought I might bring that up.
Dare I offer some trivia?
default_wink.png

In God We Trust did not appear on any coins until 1864 - and not on paper currency for another 100 years. I wonder if the founding fathers would have approved of that... or not.

And the original Pledge of Allegiance (1890s) said simply... I pledge allegiance to my flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible with liberty and justice for all. The author wanted to add equality - but knew some would resist the idea of equality for women and/or blacks... should adding equality be the next change?

Under God was added in the mid 50s - at the height of the Cold War and Communist fears.

I guess I should have looked all that up to verify it and supply a link - but it is the end of a long day and my DSL is acting funky...

I quit practicing organized religion when I moved away from home - and no longer had to tolerate the hypocrisy I saw sitting in the pews every Sunday.

However - not attending a specific building on a weekly basis does not make one any less spiritual...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back