Hummingbirds

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvf

Reaction score
We have lived here a long time and have never seen any hummingbirds...So we were quite surprised a week ago to see 2 of them in our flowers,

Of course... then i had to run out and buy a couple feeders:)

Anyway, i thought i would share some pictures that i took this morning
smile.gif

hummingbird3.jpg

hummingbird2.jpg

hummingbird1.jpg

Great pics! That reminds me I had better get outside and refill mine. I think I have every hummer in the county at my house. We are going thru 3 feeders every 2 days! There were 8 of them at one feeder this morning-addicted little fellas.
biggrin.gif

Those pictures are just great, love them. Here in WI they tell us to stop feeding them about Labor Day or they won't fly south and will die so I did take my feeder in but sure do love those little devils.

ML they very well could be yours cause we have never had any here before, LOL

They sure are cute little beggers.

I was reading up about them and it said that their desire to head south was greater than their desire for the nector.....

but i think just to be on the safe side, i probably better be removing the feeders soon.

It sure has been fun watching them for the few days that they have been here.

Those are really great pictures!

We have I think 4(2 pairs) hummers that come to our feeders. We have to refill them every other day.

One thing I did not know about hummers is how much they "chatter" to each other. Between that and the buzzing of the wings, they can be noisy little things!
smile.gif

Great pics!

We get hummingbirds here BUT I never thought of putting out feeders for them.

I am amazed you could get pics of them, they are so tiny and so fast!

We got hummingbird moths here for the first time this year, or that I noticed. I thought they were birds but on closer inspection realised I was wrong!

Thanks for sharing!

Huh! Well, my hummers are gone and here is it's nest to prove it. I suspect foul play! I want my hummers back!

Fran

'>My Webpage

Latest posts

Back