'hubbys' wild mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellerroseintx

Reaction score
here is the mare in my other post...no info on her at all..nada...but she IS pregnant. any ideas on when she may foal..she is a big mare at least 40 inches

parispgsept2005.jpg

parissept142005.jpg

I would guess she is around the 250 day mark but thats just a random guess.

Here is my foaling signs web page for a pony about her size if it helps you at all.Link

She is really cute
yes.gif

9/10 months....OOHHH... A holiday baby, how fun is that(besides the fact you cant touch the mare) It could be "halloweens spook"baby or "A Thankgiving Turkey" Or if I'm too far with my guess " A christmas day present" or even " a New Year baby".

Just relax, and walk wide, some horses warm up and some just arent ment to.

It will all be ok.

Oh she's just lovely. I agree with a turkey baby. She is so prettyand feels afraid I think. With time and patience she could make someone a super mare.

I just wanted to thsnk all who have answered my two posts with such support..means allot
yes.gif
and its a releif to know I am not a horrible person and others have been there done that..thank you again..she must be here for a reason..will try to soften my heart along with hers, I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
She's a pretty mare--I like her a lot; I'm no help as to when she's likely to foal. She has a pleasant look about her, and I think that if someone could spend quite a bit of time working with her she would come around...I didn't get around to replying to your other thread about her, so thought I'd just add that in here!

She is a pretty mare. Do you know anything about her history? Might be a help to know what she's been through in the past. I agree, she looks mistrustful. Maybe with time you can overcome that.
smile.gif

Jan

You know the other thing is sometimes they will come around a bit after tehy foal?

My mare I posted about calmed down after she foaled, the foal was so friendly and Momma started to take cues from her foal.

Just an optimistic thought!
biggrin.gif

She really is a very, very pretty mare ... she looks like she's a bit curious as to what's going on! And, at least you can get a halter on her!!
laugh.gif

she has been here for 8 months. Paris (her name) does watch your every move, in fact I don't think I have ever seen her ears back even when she kicks/rears.....very alpha mare, snorts, paws ...if cornered or if she feels threatened she will try and escape thru solid walls/over fences/over or thru you.....to me that is not an enjoyable experience for the handler or for the horse...especially when there are so many wonderful mares looking for homes. He won't touch her now because she is in foal and he doesn't want to 'stress' her...but in reality, he can't get near her either.....sigh...tough situation on all...sad situation.....maybe after she foals she will improve a bit.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, what a looker Yellowrose!
wub.gif

Here's a thought. How would we feel if we were uprooted in the last trimester of our pregnancy to a foreign country, knowing nobody. It's a scary and vulnerable situation to be in to say the least. Horses have no voice in the home of their choice. Some resign themselves, others get in the cornered tiger mode.

A wise horsewoman once said to me that equines come into our lives to teach us something. The best we can do is make their plight better and, if necessary, find a home where they can flourish. Truth be told, there have been times when I didn't have the knowledge/experience to bring out the best in a horse, but made darned sure that a home was found that could.

Hope this helps.

Cindy

Well geese, I can see what your hubby bought her, She’s drop dead gorgeous!
new_shocked.gif
ohmy.gif
wub.gif
biggrin.gif
! I say holiday foal too. Soo pretty though! You can send her to Canada if you want!
wub.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back