How's the Weather ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HM! Get your snow sled ready!!🤣🤣

We had 2 hail storms here yesterday! My poor neighbors horse was standing outside in the hail storms next to my horse who was locked up under cover. Poor baby! 🤪

We are expecting another hail storm tonight. They are calling for baseball size, I like to say apple size 🤣, hail tonight, damaging winds and possible tornadoes, YIKES! Be safe out there y’all!!

But on a brighter note, I got Stormy clipped the other day and we went skating this morning, calm before the storm!😍😍 High today was 78 🥳
FA420DEA-0F3C-47C7-A679-60046B871569.jpeg

HM! Get your snow sled ready!!🤣🤣

We had 2 hail storms here yesterday! My poor neighbors horse was standing outside in the hail storms next to my horse who was locked up under cover. Poor baby! 🤪

We are expecting another hail storm tonight. They are calling for baseball size, I like to say apple size 🤣, hail tonight, damaging winds and possible tornadoes, YIKES! Be safe out there y’all!!

But on a brighter note, I got Stormy clipped the other day and we went skating this morning, calm before the storm!😍😍 High today was 78 🥳
View attachment 49449
That's crazy, from hail storms to 78 degrees the next day. Stay safe and warm. At least Stormy has his leggings on!! 🤣
Today was a high of 55 , clear and sunny. Tomorrow the same. Warm wishes to everyone!

I should fess up and admit that I really don't mind the winter. The snow is beautiful and it's fun to watch the horses run around in it. The donkeys however, won't even leave the barn until I make a circle around it with the snow blower. Yes my donks are very spoiled! I might feel differently about winter if I lived in Minnesota or Alberta, where the winter is long term. We will be getting another Nor' Easter from Monday night until Wednesday morning. Yippee! Not!

It was 80 here yesterday, but back into the 40's now. Those dark little ear flies came out of whatever deep, evil woodwork they dwell in during the winter. The ears are so furry I'm not sure how the flies find a way in.
I notice this morning that the redbuds are showing a pink mist. And a colorful robin is in the yard.

Let's see, How's the Weather? Over the last 2 days, we have gotten a little over 2 feet of very heavy snow and lost our power. I can deal with the snow, but I do hate to lose power. We do have a generator, but it's just not the same as "real" power and it's very loud. We finally got our power back at 5 AM, so now we are busy digging out for the second time during this storm. Before I let the animals out of the barn this morning, I shoveled a path from the door to their outside sheds on the side of the barn, as I typically do. If I don't do this, the donkeys won't step outside into the snow. Then I let the boys (horses) out and then the girls (donks). The boys bounded out the door and the girls stopped dead in their tracks. They would not go out. Not even down their cleared path, as usual. They stood in the doorway, looked to the left, down the pathway that has 2 foot walls of snow on either side and said, no thank you, not going out today!! It took me 10 minutes to coax (push) them out of the barn. Everyone's out and happy now. For me, it's back to moving snow!

Let's see, How's the Weather? Over the last 2 days, we have gotten a little over 2 feet of very heavy snow and lost our power. I can deal with the snow, but I do hate to lose power. We do have a generator, but it's just not the same as "real" power and it's very loud. We finally got our power back at 5 AM, so now we are busy digging out for the second time during this storm. Before I let the animals out of the barn this morning, I shoveled a path from the door to their outside sheds on the side of the barn, as I typically do. If I don't do this, the donkeys won't step outside into the snow. Then I let the boys (horses) out and then the girls (donks). The boys bounded out the door and the girls stopped dead in their tracks. They would not go out. Not even down their cleared path, as usual. They stood in the doorway, looked to the left, down the pathway that has 2 foot walls of snow on either side and said, no thank you, not going out today!! It took me 10 minutes to coax (push) them out of the barn. Everyone's out and happy now. For me, it's back to moving snow!
That is a full day and it's probably not even 9:00 am. :) I hope power stays on for you.

Ugh, I totally understand all of that Roadtoad! We have more snow coming tonight but nothing like you just had! Our winter snow total to date is something like 100 inches. Duluth wins at 116 inches to date.

Winter has been rough from coast to coast this year!

Wow! That is a lot of snow!🤪

Today rain and 80 degrees. Tonight is 39! I am thinking these next couple of days will be our last cold snap. The highs will be in the 50s and the lows in the 30s, then warming back up again!

Everything is blooming here too, finally spring! After this last cold snap I will be planting my garden. 🥳

Latest posts

Back