How's the Weather ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel better knowing that there is warmth around somewhere, Kelly! ;) I will try to take a few pics!🥶😂

Thanks HM! The plus side is all of the snow makes falling a bit safer, that and my snow clothes. ☃️ 😁

Blowing dirt warning here the last couple of days. It comes all the way from Arizona. The juniper trees are all orange with pollen right now. A little shower this morning, which will help with dirt in the air.
I could have walked with my horses yesterday morning, but while I am a puppy slave, it is either dog or horse, not both together. So puppy got the walk. She whimpers and squeaks all the way out, but stays with me. On the way home I have to put her on the leash as she will run home as fast as she can, even if it's a mile. I worry about oncoming cars, so she has to be a on a leash and tow me home.

I wish we could trade a little snow for a little blowing dirt. Maybe it would help with the ice we have!

Not sure my experience is useful but….

We have been dog sitting, long term, for a relative. Her dog, Nali, is just under a year, part husky, part shepherd, and 40 pounds of pulling energy. I finally ordered a harness to walk her as I prefer my arms to be the same length. ;) It arrived last week and what a relief, I don’t dread walking her and she doesn’t pull. Magic! I ordered a “rabbitgoo” harness, after measuring per their directions.

Garbage today! For the last 3 days anyways. It's COLD again. We have more snow, which is good, we needed that, but the temperature dropped to -21 yesterday (C) and -32 this morning causing the barometric pressure to go through the roof. My eyeballs feel like they're going to burst right out of my head. Ah, fibro and migraine sufferers feel horrible during this type of weather.

Cold, strong gusty wind, snowy, windchill below zero - or, fresh, clean, invigorating. 😂

Our driveway in the summer and our driveway today.

View attachment 49396View attachment 49397
We can relate to extremes here. On Tuesday it was 84. Today it is 20. I had unplugged the chicken water as I didn't expect a freeze--weather man said low of 34.

Big storm went through Oklahoma last night. We got 71 mph wind and some hail. The hail was sharp-edged, not round. Just a little rain. Power went off. We have a generator. Didn't see lights at a neighbor and no answer to the phone so we drove over. Their power pole was snapped off. Lines were still in place and we could still drive under them. Neighbor fine; didn't know why their land line phone didn't ring. Our compost/manure pile is now scattered nicely over a wide area--unfortunately most of it is still manure and not quite compost. Horses fine. Power back on this morning. We did hear there was a tornado about 20 miles nw of us.

Rain, wind and snow.. again
Big storm went through Oklahoma last night. We got 71 mph wind and some hail. The hail was sharp-edged, not round. Just a little rain. Power went off. We have a generator. Didn't see lights at a neighbor and no answer to the phone so we drove over. Their power pole was snapped off. Lines were still in place and we could still drive under them. Neighbor fine; didn't know why their land line phone didn't ring. Our compost/manure pile is now scattered nicely over a wide area--unfortunately most of it is still manure and not quite compost. Horses fine. Power back on this morning. We did hear there was a tornado about 20 miles nw of us.
Marsha, How is everything today?

All good at our place but there were tornadoes about 10 miles north. Our neighbor's utility pole is stuck in the ground temporarily while crews work on other areas. Manure still all over the yard; I cannot pick it all up, too overwhelmed. Dapper Dan had a little eye problem the next day, most likely from the wind, but it is cleared up now. The whole side of the house is covered with driven dirt. Got the porches cleaned off and a couple of windows cleaned, but it's kind of overwhelming. Little at a time, I guess.
Nice temperatures the last few days, but some wind and not enough sunshine.

Latest posts

Back