How's the Weather ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freezing rain is the absolute worst.

Today our high was 2 degrees (two) and sunny. We are looking at windchill values of minus 20 - minus 30 through Tuesday morning.

Then it will warm up. Yay! 🥳

He’s adorable but we laughed! 🤣 🤣 Seriously we are thinking of all in these storm paths. Freezing rain, heavy rain, high winds are no joke.

This morning is sunny and beautiful here, and also -10 with a windchill of -25.

The ponies and our old horse are doing fine in their winter woolies. They have a barn with free choice in or out, salt, hay, and heated waterers, and 75% of the time they are hanging around outside. 🥶🤣

The weather is day 4 of migraine so far... The barometric pressure has gone up and it's just not nice. It's gotten colder again up here. We'd had very mild weather for a couple of weeks, like lots of melting snow, but it's gotten a lot colder fast recently. Ah well, it is only January.

The weather is day 4 of migraine so far... The barometric pressure has gone up and it's just not nice. It's gotten colder again up here. We'd had very mild weather for a couple of weeks, like lots of melting snow, but it's gotten a lot colder fast recently. Ah well, it is only January.
I'm sending warm thoughts and weather your way. Kick the migraine out to melt in the snow. 🙂

How are things in your area Kelly?
FREEZING! 🤣🤣 Winter STORM warning remains in effect until 6am Thursday morning. Sleet and freezing rain with significant icing possible! YIKES! The high today is 27 with a low tonight of 25. Tomorrow freezing rain all day, 80%… I know it isn’t snow, but me and Stormy are getting our sled ready!! 🥳🥳
9A94A92A-01D1-4441-BFEF-6DC2B23ED461.jpeg

ETA: A video of course LOL, this video is from yesterday 😊

I'm sending warm thoughts and weather your way. Kick the migraine out to melt in the snow. 🙂
Well, we got half of that! The barometric pressure has come down so my migraine has taken a hike too. However, we got a centimeter of snow last night. It's wayyyy too early for the snow to all be melted. We'd have to spring runoff to grow hay! Some years, by Mid April, we have significant melt and almost no snow. Other years, it blizzards.
Canada's fun. :cool:

@Kelly, it looks like your big pony is sporting an abscess boot. I hope everyone is ok!

Thanks @Standards Equine 😍
Yes, my biggie has an abscess hoof, poor baby! His first ever, that I’m aware of, at almost 24 years old! Luckily my neighbor is the equine vet so she is helping me tend to it. I have since gotten a medical hoof boot that he is now wearing in hopes to keep the hoof dry in all this wet weather.

Serious weather in your area Kelly! Ice is so treacherous. Maybe park the sled and watch an old horse movie instead. 🤣 🥶

Speaking of which….any film favorites out there? Some oldies we enjoy: Miracle of the White Stallions, National Velvet, Hidalgo, Man from Snowy River.

FREEZING! 🤣🤣 Winter STORM warning remains in effect until 6am Thursday morning. Sleet and freezing rain with significant icing possible! YIKES! The high today is 27 with a low tonight of 25. Tomorrow freezing rain all day, 80%… I know it isn’t snow, but me and Stormy are getting our sled ready!! 🥳🥳
View attachment 49232

ETA: A video of course LOL, this video is from yesterday 😊

What a fun video. Thanks for posting 🥰

Thanks @Standards Equine 😍
Yes, my biggie has an abscess hoof, poor baby! His first ever, that I’m aware of, at almost 24 years old! Luckily my neighbor is the equine vet so she is helping me tend to it. I have since gotten a medical hoof boot that he is now wearing in hopes to keep the hoof dry in all this wet weather.
Oh my gosh. That is weird and worrisome.

Latest posts

Back