How's the Weather ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is not too bad in the shade here in southwest Oklahoma. 109 degrees. The mornings and evenings are pleasant.
Wow! 109. That reminds me how much I love summer. I'm very accustomed to heat. We are now heading into the coldest winter month..and mud & repairing rugs. Brrr. I'm lucky my ponies love coming into their warm stables each night.
x Linda

That’s hard, Ryan, wet and cold is just miserable. Like HersheyMint said, I wish we could share!

I think mud is harder than snow to deal with, you must be frustrated to say the least. Do you have a covered arena by any chance?

Actually I don’t mind the rain… I spent a year and a half in London and I quite like wet weather… I like it even more now that we are on rainwater tanks!! Our tank was half full/empty before this latest downpouring and of course is now overflowing. I wish we had another tank already to store overflow. We’re so slow at getting anything done!! We’re lucky that we’re on a bit of a slope so drainage is reasonable and we haven’t been affected like others.
A beautiful, crisp, sunny winter’s day today. The sun is out and soaking up the rain a bit. This is my first ever day of not having the children around. They are at my mother’s and I am excited I will get to spend the day weeding uninterrupted. Might finally try hooking up some baskets onto an old surcingle and have Apaché carry the weeds for me, munching down the grass as he goes. 🌾

Definitely time for all equine activities to be slow and easy or full stop isn’t it? When it is that hot it must not cool down much at night either.

The weather has been a series of extremes world wide it seems. I can’t help but wonder if our upcoming winter will somehow be the reverse side of your tough heat waves?

HersheyMint, it seems any chance of rain and cooling temperatures is passing over the Central America area and meandering out to see. What chances you have from the north are all troughing up and over. They've been dropping back down with severe weather in MaryFlora's part of the world lately.

This year's early and mid summer weather seems to be extremes to North and South, with just plain 🥵🥵🤯🥵🥵 heat in the middle.

My concern is similar to MaryFlora's with the addition of this: Ryan has had cold, cold and wet wet wet. I wonder how that will be mirrored here?

Latest posts

Back