How's the Weather ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kelly, glad to hear you're alright! 👍 For some reason, the YouTube algorithm loaded the live storm chasers into my feed last night. Once I saw it was your and my brother's area, it ran all night. I checked it each time I came out of my grogginess.

I know we have some southern Oklahoma folks here, so I hope they're safe. Mississippi and Alabama are being hit now. That system hits my area sometime tomorrow.

Admiring clouds is one of my favorites, especially in autumn.
We have had such horrible winds the last few days it is all I can do to feed my animals. Their rubber tubs blow away, the feed is blown out of the chicken feeder, water blown out of troughs. The humidity is very low and something about Midnight's fine coat causes terrific static electricity. She is afraid to take a treat from my hand. I spritz her with fabric static spray before I can even halter her or wash the dirt from her eyes. Hopefully the worst is over and it will moderate. My husband says it is winter fighting spring.

I'm sending up prayers for the middle of the U.S.

No matter where you're at, record storms are forecast for you. Upper Midwest the forecast is record-breaking spring snow storms. ❄ Like, 1-2 feet of snow!🥶 Further south, strong storms with baseball to softball sized hail.🤯😵
I'll pray that everyone, their critters, their gardens and their livelihoods are safe and secure.

Even though we're in a metropolitan area, we're in a Red Flag fire warning. The winds are strong and humidity low. Pray my irresponsible neighbors stop burning their trash in the middle of our cul-de-sacs.
😶‍🌫🙏

For you folks (Ryan and our new member-who's name I forget but I remember her horse is Apachè) in the southern hemisphere, how's fall, y'all??

Last edited:
I wish we cod redirect our approaching snowstorm (Colorado low) back to dump on the fires in Colorado and wherever else they are burning. This is the statement posted on our municipal website:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220411-155503_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220411-155503_Samsung Internet.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Taz
If I had a generator I would be in great shape. As it is, I stocked up on some food we can eat cold, propane for the camp stove, batteries; the horses have extra water tanks, we have water for drinking and water for flushing. I will keep all our devices charged up. I expect to miss work Wed. And Thurs, which is okay. It's not horribly cold but will be cold if we lose our hydro. We usually do not lose hydro in a storm but if we get 2 feet of wet snow? It's possible. Still hoping the track shifts and the worst misses us!

The Red River valley is already having flood worries, so 2+ feet of snow is not going to be good for them. Out here our flood risk is very low, so there is that.

I'm here! I have missed 2 days of work. Yesterday they closed pretty much all highways in southern Manitoba, even the low road I take into town (it's been over 20 years since that one has been closed!). It's 3:30 pm of day 2 of the storm and highways are still closed--it may be tomorrow before they open. We are okay--we got maybe 10 inches of wet snow but it's blown into drifts so some areas are bare. My driveway blew bare; the snow that blew in behind my Jeep i can drive through. The grader has been past our place. We never lost hydro and hopefully won't now. Only 1 pony felt the cold so I threw a blanket on her last night and she was warm and dry this morning. Luckily our storm was not catastrophic as meteorologists were warning it might be--thank goodness for that!! Some other areas got 30 inches of snow so I hope they are coping okay.

Yay! Another nice rain last night. Not enough to help the farm ponds, but will do wonders for pasture, trees and newly planted milo. It will cool things off, too. What is so annoying and unusual is the constant wind. No one can remember such a windy spring. Bad hair day? Stepping outdoors is all it takes.

Wind seems to be a common thing for most of us.:rolleyes: In the 60tys this week and the weekend will be in the 90tys. With little rain this year that means blowing dust and those dirt whirlwindso_O

Latest posts

Back