How's the Weather ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rain, more rain, and then you’re lying there in bed thinking wow it’s raining really hard I don’t think it could rain any harder... and then it does!!!! 😳 Sometimes I think there must be only rain and no air left in the sky outside. A month ago we had weird tropical rainforest sudden rainfall, now we just have CONSTANT downpouring. And at least another week of the same forecast... I actually like the rain. I STILL prefer this to hot smoky summers a couple of years back!!! But then again a break might be nice.

This is usually a shallow creek that runs under a small road that is a ford in weather like this! Also a photo of kids and Patchy playing in the same stream a couple of months ago!!

Attachments

• AEFA846A-92C9-41B1-8156-FA0D5866871C.jpeg
    AEFA846A-92C9-41B1-8156-FA0D5866871C.jpeg
    690.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 32C7D13E-324D-4315-9474-46B0962F8FD9.jpeg
    32C7D13E-324D-4315-9474-46B0962F8FD9.jpeg
    446.3 KB · Views: 9
Silver City --we rarely get chinooks any more. Years.back--in the 80s and early 90s we would get them maybe 3 or 4 times a winter and they would give us a couple days of milder weather. We haven't had a chinook in a few years now--guess they blow out before they get this far? This winter we have had 2--both brought us warm temps for a few hours, both brought us freezing rain (first one just a trace, last one a week ago gave us all the ice we've been fighting on our roads) and then snow/blizzard conditions. Chinooks aren't what they used to be! 😂 or maybe the problem is they aren't just chinooks, they come with an Alberta clipper attached? The only thing worse than a clipper is a Colorado low, which we haven't had (yet) this winter.

We are expecting more snow tonight/tomorrow/Monday but at least it isn't -35 like it's been this past week.

Compared to the rest of the east coast, we have been extremely lucky in Victoria. The floods are so bad up north , it really is heartbreaking. We have had a couple of days of heavy rain , the last few days but really nothing for a month prior to that. Its been warm and very humid ( which it usually isn't in Melbourne)

Hows everyone else going ? Are you starting see a turn in the weather ? :)

This is usually a shallow creek that runs under a small road that is a ford in weather like this! Also a photo of kids and Patchy playing in the same stream a couple of months ago!!

After the rain last week this creek basically filled the whole valley! Bonkers!! About a metre or two above the flood markers 😱

Attachments

• 8F4EE562-8A15-4CC8-996B-84DD4257711F.png
    8F4EE562-8A15-4CC8-996B-84DD4257711F.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
We had the second drying day in a row yesterday and calling for another today. It got up to 51F and a bit warmer today. I worked the deep tracks with my landscape rake ant it worked better than I expected. For some unknown reason Kacie has become camera shy. I would guess she does not understand why I am pointing to her with something and talking. Earlier in the day I was sitting and watching her and the foal was real active. I set there talking to her and never had a thought of taking my phone out for a video. I hope to be able to get her temporary pen finished today.

f

This year, daffodils bloomed almost 6 weeks later than in years past. Robins are migrating through here late as well. Maybe 6-8 weeks later than I remember them.🤔

We're also having those late winter/early spring extreme swings in temperature. Just this week I'm getting Nature signals that it's okay to start my seeds indoors.

I'm being cautious and prepared. About 6 years ago, we got a similar storm to what Dickel has posted above, in mid- late- April. So I'm erring on the side of caution that our last frost date of 7 April (zone 7b) will be more like 7 May this year. Then I bet we jump right into hot and humid hurricane season.

Latest posts

Back