How's the Weather ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20220129_072353.jpg
This was the total snowfall on this, our third wintery weekend in a row. It's windy here, which is contributing to a windchill feel of 20° F.

After an initial startle when I first stepped out the front door, I laughed. Even this glove looked like it was trying to run away! It reminded me of Thing from The Addams Family.😍🤩
20220129_072227.jpg20220129_072201.jpg

9B0F6A21-873D-4D04-8471-7BC82F5D2427 (1).jpeg

We got about 2 feet, maybe a little more where Rowan lives. We're lucky enough to be further west than where they got the really terrible winds, so our power stayed on and the only thing I can complain about is sore abs from shoveling all that snow! Rowan seems mildly annoyed but I thought it was funny seeing him eat hay off the snow like it was a table. 🤣

View attachment 45945

We got about 2 feet, maybe a little more where Rowan lives. We're lucky enough to be further west than where they got the really terrible winds, so our power stayed on and the only thing I can complain about is sore abs from shoveling all that snow! Rowan seems mildly annoyed but I thought it was funny seeing him eat hay off the snow like it was a table. 🤣
A snow table, that is funny😂

That is some serious snow , Sending you all some warmth :)

Its been in the 30s most days here Over the last week , got up too 38 one day but we have also been having heaps of rain which has been great . One day last week we had over 80mls in two hours. Over all its been a wetter than usual summer and it really shows with how green everything is for this time of the year :) We had two days of lighting and storms a few days ago but no damage.

I hope you are all keeping warm and everyone is staying safe 🙏

Arctic blast coming through again. We were expecting sleet and freezing rain overnight so I put blankets on both horses. If no precipitation comes, I'll take Dapper Dan's blanket off. The groundhog definitely won't see his shadow here today.

Here in Edon Ohio we have seven to eight inches of snow at 8AM and snowing. 17F with 9 mph wind. We are at a level 2 road advisory. County weather advisory just called and plows are having a hard time keeping up. I loaded the truck with two days of hay. No wheelchair today but the truck is in the barn and free of snow. Horses will be fine and easy to feed.

Yep, another winter day in southwest Oklahoma. My sled was supposed to be here yesterday. Hope it arrives in time to use it. What a time for the rope on my hay bag to break! I had to improvise yesterday hanging it. Must order a new bag, as I don't think I want to bother restringing a new rope and attaching all the hooks and loops.

Yikes Kelly! Freezing rain is the worst weather event in my book. Your yard area looks very cold.

Dickel, hopefully your good planning keeps life relatively simple during your snow. You and your family stay warm and stay safe!

Love your shopping list, Martha! I think a horse person could pick out another horse person anywhere in the world, simply by their current shopping list. 🤣

Yikes Kelly! Freezing rain is the worst weather event in my book. Your yard area looks very cold.

Dickel, hopefully your good planning keeps life relatively simple during your snow. You and your family stay warm and stay safe!

Love your shopping list, Martha! I think a horse person could pick out another horse person anywhere in the world, simply by their current shopping list. 🤣

Thanks! My son inlaw came with his skid steer and moved the drifts and cleaned the drives just before chore time this evening. Said he would be back in the morning. I would guess we only have a bit over 10 inches of snow. Last night they were calling for 12 to 24 inches of snow. Hard to tell with the wind. Looks like we will only have light snow until this system passes. Chores was not much harder than usual in cold weather. I didn't take any of my cameras out because of the blowing snow.

I decided to show all my horses eating out in the snow from my wheelchair. that was a bad idea and it only became worse. I guess trying to video on the go in the wheelchair will have to be given up. Multi tasking in the snow does not work 🤔 😀 We ended up with over 10 inches of snow with very little drifting here at home. My Son in law cleared out my drives as can be seen in the video. It was calling for 8F allday long early in the morning but got to 18F with the sun out early afternoon.

Slush fell from the sky all day yesterday and then froze into a mess over night. I dunno what else to call it, it was a combo of snow, rain, sleet, and ice pellets.
Our snow here was light dry snow. We were lucky. It is harder to deal with what you received. This is the second day of bright sun. The bright sun shrinks the snow even in the cold. 16F with a light wind now which makes it tolerable for an old man.

Latest posts

Back