How's the Weather ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minus 18 this morning but the sun is pouring over the frozen landscape and it has warmed up to zero! 😁

Thought I’d share my outdoor wear since the end of November. 🤣 What do you put on going outside to the barn?View attachment 45863
Plan the outdoor routine as it's a lot of trouble to get ready to go out! Do you have a mudroom, for snowy/muddy boots and outerwear?

Well dog gone....those furry hats look perfect! Why am I wearing a stocking hat? 🤔
😂 Shopping on the horizon!

Marsha, I love your photo! 💞 It should be a winter advertisement!
Also, we have a four season front porch with mats for boots, a coat tree and a shelf for gloves etc. It really helps especially when things get damp or wet!

Reactions: Taz
Yikes! Where are you? Did you put blankets on your minis? I am new to the world of minis, we adopted two last year. Never had horses before, and we're always trying to figure out when and if to put blankets on, but it never, ever gets that cold here. Thankfully!

Minus 18 this morning but the sun is pouring over the frozen landscape and it has warmed up to zero! 😁A

Thought I’d share my outdoor wear since the end of November. 🤣 What do you put on going outside to the barn?View attachment 45863
I like your pants. I wear high wool socks - Vermont made Darn Socks are the best, wool leggins, an outer pair of pants, wool longsleeve, wool sweater, wool gaiter and wool lined leather vest, then an overcoat. I'm in Massachusetts,and the coldest is about 0 F. We get a nasty wind from the NE that freezes my nose. Everything else stays toasty.

I find the hardest part to keep warm is the hands. No matter how insulated the gloves are, the fingers just get cold. If I have to do anything with water, such as filling chicken waterers, I put disposable gloves on over my fleece gloves, which helps a lot.
It gets nippy here in Oklahoma in the winter sometimes, but the cold dips and snow are not that common.

Welcome hganser to the amazing world of horses and minis! You’ll never be the same after sharing your life, heart, and resources with your equines! :)
We live in central MN and this year is definitely a cold one!

MBENES, I have those exact socks on at this moment and just love them. They are soft, warm, and wear like iron. Love your wardrobe! The coveralls are very helpful especially with the wool sweater over the top. Zero degrees is cold especially with a NE wind.... 🐧!

Totally agree, Marsha, about the hands and fingers. Your tip on the disposable globes over the top of gloves is a good one and will try that today. The mittens are fairly warm but need to come off for snaps and small things ...🥶

I wear muck boots, sweatpants over a thin pair of cotton long underwear, Tshirt and sweatshirt with a necessary and wool tuque. If it is colder than -30 or if it's colder than -20C with a strong wind then I also wear a fleece jacket. I have fleece lined leather mitts for when I have to chop ice out of the water tank on really cold days, otherwise I just wear cotton gloves. I think there were 2 days this winter that I added a bigger pair of sweatpants--that was -40 with a wind--still only needed the fleece jacket though--haven't worn an actual coat in 2 or 3 years now.

We had 0*C today but of course it was windy (Chinook blew in from Alberta) so the snow was blowing. Roads are ice covered, and I have to go to town in the morning. 😞

Nice day though, wish the warm weather would stay!

Beautiful snowfall here yesterday. Supposed to warm up into the 40's later, so it won't last long. It is 18 this morning with ice fog. Guess I will wait till a little later in the day to try the snow saucer and the horses. The ice fog is quite beautiful, but glad I do not have to drive anywhere.

20220116_104826.jpg
20220116_132132.jpg20220116_132134.jpg20220116_132830.jpg
These are images during our NC ice storm on 14 January. We were lucky, and only without electric for 14 hours. I'm so grateful we insulated our house well! Even though it was only 12° F that night, we stayed warm enough with just wearing sweaters and scarves before we gave up and went to bed.

It’s absolutely freezing here in TX! I wear the same things as yall do in the north 🤣🤣 I really do, I hate being cold. When I was at the grocery store the other day there were people wearing shorts!! Crazy Texans!! 🤣Seriously it’s gonna be 32 tonight! Freezing I tell ya!! Ponies already have their blankeys on 🥰 But don’t feel too bad for us 🤣🤣🤣 …. I mean, I know some of y’all are snowed in and all 😝😝…. But it’s gonna be in the 70s here this weekend 🥳🥳

Supposed to be in the 60's again here by Saturday. We enjoyed our snow day, and the moisture was very welcome, but I'm glad it just happens ocassionally. Midnight got her blanket off today and Dapper Dan was dried off. He has such a thick pelt, like a buffalo, but hers is very fine and thin.
Every season seems to set a record of some sort some where. Too hot; too cold; too wet; too dry; too too too...
Silver City, thank goodness your power came back on fairly quickly. It is no fun to be "off the grid".
Kelly, we have crazy folks here also who run around in shorts in freezing weather. What are they thinking???!!

Latest posts

Back