How's the Weather ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a thread a while back someone had started about extreme weather they were experiencing. It was quite a good thread as many commented on it.

As our weather seasons are completely the opposite , I thought this would be good to see how your seasons compared to the last.

We have just finished one of the coolest summers in over 40 years. It was very nice compared to the last few years and the terrible bush fires that tore through parts of Australia. It has also been very much the same for autumn here, its been very mild compared to the last few. I have a feeling its going to be a very cold wet winter here :)

How's the weather where you are ?
ye
There was a thread a while back someone had started about extreme weather they were experiencing. It was quite a good thread as many commented on it.

As our weather seasons are completely the opposite , I thought this would be good to see how your seasons compared to the last.

We have just finished one of the coolest summers in over 40 years. It was very nice compared to the last few years and the terrible bush fires that tore through parts of Australia. It has also been very much the same for autumn here, its been very mild compared to the last few. I have a feeling its going to be a very cold wet winter here :)

We have had some terrible weather over the last fortnight. We had storms come thru, that Ive never witnessed anything like before. I was lucky where I am but many people are still without power and this was nearly two weeks ago. Its done nothing but rain over the last few days and we are predicted to get alot more over the coming days.

How is everyone coping with getting hay ?

________
Hi I'm from Kinglake Australia. It is sunny & very warm, though not stinkin hot yet.
Christmas family lunch will be spent trying to keep the kids from jumping in the pool...mostly.
Kinglake is one of Australia's most notable bushfire danger areas & we've just pinned our PONY FIRE PLAN notice to the fridge, front door & stables/feed shed.
We have an exact fire plan (since we lost half of our property in the "Black Saturday" fires of 2009). We are super-aware of bushfires & our fire training & preparation is up to date.
Whilst I long to experience one white Christmas like our northern hemisphere friends, I do adore our hot, hot summers. Summer is here loud & clear & our ponies have finally shed their winter woolies.
Life is good!
xx Linda

We have a snowfall warning for tonight/tomorrow...hoping for a few inches of snow! Then it's going to turn COLD.

Reactions: Taz
We actually did get snow after 11 last night, and overnight/this morning. We got about 8 inches on the level so that's wonderful--though now I need to get trails made through the snow so hauling out water is easier...it is now -27 and wine at least -30 overnight.

Hi Minimor! Brrr is right! 🥶 I hope you have a trail in to help with hauling water. That is a hard, hard job in those temperatures.

We’re looking at -21 by morning, not sure what the windchill might be! It sounds crazy but apparently we are twice as warm as you are!

Yikes you guys!!!! We are getting down to 32 F so no complaining from me. Will be covering my lettuce and some citrus trees though. We have had so much rain that I still have standing water in areas but it feels so good!
I admire your hardiness!!!! ❤

On the plus side....we currently have no mosquitoes.

Yes, I have a pretty decent trail from house to pasture so hauling warm water out 2x a day isn't too hard. Now the problem is my silly ponies likes to mess around instead of drink. They crowd in, fight over then water, stand there and pull on the edges of the water tubs, then keep chasing each other away from the water. I wait and watch to make sure they don't pull a tub over and dump my water--then am frozen by the time they finish and
I can go walk around the bales and cut off any loose twines and such. Brats--they are supposed to drink in an orderly fashion so I can check the bales while they drink.

I do hate winter.

Happy New Year!

Back