How's the Weather ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Ryan!!! We have had no rain, but heavy fog for a couple of weeks so the grass stays really wet. I have had some ponies sliding big time when they put on the brakes!

Winter dropped in and said hello here in MN. We had about 2” of snow and last night the temperature dropped and now it is 4 degrees (F). Our high today will be 7.

The weather channel says it feels like ( -14). Who needs to know that! 🤣
Gaaaahhh! Real winter! I'd love to move back out West, but the places I yearn for have REAL winter. I could deal with it for 60 days or so, buuuuut....bouquet.... gonna happen. Until the humidity+heat=Julie can't breathe anymore here in NC, I'm stuck here. 🤪

We're mild this week, then a cold front comes through and we're back to 50°'s F during day, 25°-30° F nights. So there's the trade-off. Mild winter's for yucky summers.

Do we have anyone from British Columbia here? Specifically the Chilliwack area that's getting drowned put from the pineapple express? What terrible conditions they have out there with rain causing flooding and mudslides/rockslides.
I talked to my son who lives in Vancouver, BC. It was completely shut off when I talked to him. They are not even able to accept the ships at the harbor to offload freight as the roads are under water. The highway to Seattle is closed to through traffic at night so that transport trucks can come across onto the island. No one has lived through such a thing there; it is a record.
Yesterday we tied a record made in 1956 for the warmest day. Then the north wind blew through in the night at 50 mph and cooled it off into the 30's.

Marsha I didn't know that they were closing the road at night to allow transport trucks through. Here in Manitoba we haven't seen much problem from the supply chain interruption--the only thing I have been unable to get are the Christmas oranges, which are one of the things stuck in BC. We have been getting California navel oranges so it's all good.

HershyMint~ We will take anything we can get in CA right?! We have some rain coming and I want to drive today before it gets here but my low back seized up when I bent over this morning. 😩

HershyMint- Not sure where in So Cal you are but up north here it is raining and is supposed to continue for the next 9 days straight! It is so amazing after being in a drought for so long! I can't remember back to when we have had rain on Christmas. Feeling so grateful!!! 😊

Hi Willow, So glad you are getting rain. 9 days straight! :DI’m in the desert Pretty dry here but it did rain all day once last week. We could get rain Thursday on.🤞 Yes, thankful for the rain Hopefully no flooding for either of us.🙂 Let me know how you are handling all that rain

Yes, warm temps for us here in western Oklahoma also. That happens sometimes in December. We had ice on the water troughs two days ago, and all my flowers are frozen now. We may get rain next week--really need it!
I feel sorry for my furry horses. Just taking them for a walk can work up a sweat.

I'm seconding the bah humbug for all you folks with warm weather! I have heaters in all my water and tack room, -15C last night with lots of wind and worse to come. 🥶😰
Happy Ho Ho!

Back