How's the Weather ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been scorching hit here, and still so very dry. There is almost nothing for hay--i needed another 70.round bales and got only 19. No idea where I will get the rest, so our remaining herd will likely get cut in half this fall as soon as the weather cools off. Should have done it in the spring but I had hoped summer wouldn't be this bad.

Hot! Temps in the 90’s for days at a time and very dry. We’ve been very fortunate in having some periods of rain or rain showers but MN is experiencing a drought.

The creek that runs through our farm is dry with a few pockets of water left.

Too bad we can't spread the weather out over the year. Enjoy the sunshine!
We had a nice cool spell to break up the summer last week. It has been pretty humid lately, which is a little unusual for southwest Oklahoma. I love the beautiful clouds against the blue sky.
Did anyone watch the meteor shower? We stayed up till nearly midnight and did see a few.

… so our remaining herd will likely get cut in half this fall as soon as the weather cools off. Should have done it in the spring but I had hoped summer wouldn't be this bad.

Oh no! How many do you have?? And how do you choose which ones to keep?? Very tough decision you have, wishing you the very best!!💕

I am sending you all the rain you need , sorry everyone seems to be experiencing a heat wave. I love the hot weather ( don't really have a choice here in Oz) but some rain every few days in summer here would be greatly appreciated :)

Minimor, I hope you are able to source some hay soon.

We've been in the hottest, driest weather we ever have experienced here in the Pacific Northwest. We have had three heat waves this summer, including the dreaded 'heat dome' that literally fried foliage. On the first night of the heat dome in early July, my stock tank was drained by all the deer in the area. Thankfully, our horses and goats had access to other water troughs that night before I discovered and refilled in the early morning. Because of the crazy heat and drought, many areas in BC are engulfed in wild fires. Everybody is looking forward to the fall and our trademark RAIN.

We are socked in with smoke again. Not much I can do for all of our animals. I have a new puppy and we've been playing inside so that's been fun though. I am an outdoors person so I'm making do, but all the laundry is done and the house is shiny clean!!! So there's that.
Praying they will get all the fires contained. They also caught a guy that started 3 fires!

We are socked in with smoke again. Not much I can do for all of our animals. I have a new puppy and we've been playing inside so that's been fun though. I am an outdoors person so I'm making do, but all the laundry is done and the house is shiny clean!!! So there's that.
Praying they will get all the fires contained. They also caught a guy that started 3 fires!

Hope you get rain soon Willow Flats & I hope someone removes the fingers of the guy that started the fires , what a poor excuse for a human !!

I'm in the desert and this has been in the longest lasting heat wave here in Southern CA. And this week are dealing with 45mph gust winds. Looking forward to fall weather also.
Sending prayers to all who are affected by the fires.

The fires are about to hit Tahoe, so sad!! That’s where we got married!! How is everyone else in “fire country”?

Willow, anymore fires out your way?? And we all haven’t seen pics of that new sweet little puppy of yours yet!! 🥰🥰

The fires are about to hit Tahoe, so sad!! That’s where we got married!! How is everyone else in “fire country”?

Willow, anymore fires out your way?? And we all haven’t seen pics of that new sweet little puppy of yours yet!! 🥰🥰
We are 2 1/2 hours from Tahoe and that's the closest fire to us now. Our air quality has been in the moderate range for the past couple of days.
I'm in puppy training mode. I Forgot how much work it is!
She is a lot of fun though so it's all worth it. 😍

Attachments

• 34053.jpeg
    34053.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210825_221826.jpg
    20210825_221826.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 6
Omg! Look at that face! She is adorable!! ♥️♥️♥️ Soooooooo sweet!!!

What’s her name??

You are so lucky you live that close to Tahoe, it is beautiful there!

Omg! Look at that face! She is adorable!! ♥️♥️♥️ Soooooooo sweet!!!

What’s her name??

You are so lucky you live that close to Tahoe, it is beautiful there!
Thank you! We are calling her Belle. My friend's parents have been evacuated from their home in Tahoe. The air is clear here today. They have had high winds there which is making it hard for them to get control. Feel bad for the firefighters and people from that area!

Latest posts

Back