How's the Weather ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Can't stop now (formerly Dragons Wish Farm)
Reaction score
Winter dropped in and said hello here in MN. We had about 2” of snow and last night the temperature dropped and now it is 4 degrees (F). Our high today will be 7.

The weather channel says it feels like ( -14). Who needs to know that! 🤣
Gaaaahhh! Real winter! I'd love to move back out West, but the places I yearn for have REAL winter. I could deal with it for 60 days or so, buuuuut....bouquet.... gonna happen. Until the humidity+heat=Julie can't breathe anymore here in NC, I'm stuck here. 🤪

We're mild this week, then a cold front comes through and we're back to 50°'s F during day, 25°-30° F nights. So there's the trade-off. Mild winter's for yucky summers.

Marsha Cassada

Reaction score
Do we have anyone from British Columbia here? Specifically the Chilliwack area that's getting drowned put from the pineapple express? What terrible conditions they have out there with rain causing flooding and mudslides/rockslides.
I talked to my son who lives in Vancouver, BC. It was completely shut off when I talked to him. They are not even able to accept the ships at the harbor to offload freight as the roads are under water. The highway to Seattle is closed to through traffic at night so that transport trucks can come across onto the island. No one has lived through such a thing there; it is a record.
Yesterday we tied a record made in 1956 for the warmest day. Then the north wind blew through in the night at 50 mph and cooled it off into the 30's.

Minimor

Reaction score
Marsha I didn't know that they were closing the road at night to allow transport trucks through. Here in Manitoba we haven't seen much problem from the supply chain interruption--the only thing I have been unable to get are the Christmas oranges, which are one of the things stuck in BC. We have been getting California navel oranges so it's all good.

HersheyMint

HersheyMint
Reaction score
Oh no Willow, I sure hope you are resting and feel better soon.
Yes, I count every raindrop. 😂 This next storm will hit us both, it looks like.
No flooding , please for both of us.

Willow Flats

MHT Supporter
Reaction score
HershyMint- Not sure where in So Cal you are but up north here it is raining and is supposed to continue for the next 9 days straight! It is so amazing after being in a drought for so long! I can't remember back to when we have had rain on Christmas. Feeling so grateful!!! 😊

HersheyMint

HersheyMint
Reaction score
Hi Willow, So glad you are getting rain. 9 days straight! :DI’m in the desert Pretty dry here but it did rain all day once last week. We could get rain Thursday on.🤞 Yes, thankful for the rain Hopefully no flooding for either of us.🙂 Let me know how you are handling all that rain

Kelly

Reaction score
Summertime is 90-102, SUNNY! HOT! But I’ll take the heat any day!! When the weatherman says 75% chance of rain, I am learning that doesn’t always mean rain LOL 🤣

MaryFlora

Reaction score
Glad to read some of you were getting much needed rain! A blessing for sure!

All of you in those warmer climes....bah humbug! 🤣

Snow, partly sunny, and it was 1 degree ( one degree) this morning on my way out to the barn. 🥶

HoHoHo....☃❄🤣🍷🍷🍷🍷

Marsha Cassada

Reaction score
Yes, warm temps for us here in western Oklahoma also. That happens sometimes in December. We had ice on the water troughs two days ago, and all my flowers are frozen now. We may get rain next week--really need it!
I feel sorry for my furry horses. Just taking them for a walk can work up a sweat.

Taz

Reaction score
I'm seconding the bah humbug for all you folks with warm weather! I have heaters in all my water and tack room, -15C last night with lots of wind and worse to come. 🥶😰
Happy Ho Ho!