How's the Weather ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't have any rain in the 10 day forecast so it's drying up and everything will be nice and green in no time!
Of course we are still considered in a drought, but this was more than a drop in the bucket for the lakes here. A few made it to 50% full. It only rained a little over 6" all of last year and we got almost that in one day! Woo hoo!

Ryan, I would love to swap some sunshine for rain. This time of year it is in the 70tys, clear skies and not much wind. we just need rain so we don't burn down 😄

I'm ecstatic. We got snow yesterday/last night. A lot of snow, maybe 10 or 15 cm? Areas northeast of here got a lot more. Roads were all closed overnight, lots of semis in the ditch, some highways blocked due to jackknifed rigs. We never lost power, so that's a plus, and its not cold (-8C this morning) we did have a couple rains in the summer--one in July, one in August. Thanks to that rain I did find find the hay I needed, for a reasonable price. I do have 5 horses going this fall, but it's not as grim as I was earlier afraid it would be. I'm hoping for a snowy winterso next summer can get off to a better start.

We need a lot of snow as our rivers are lower than they've ever been in the almost 50 years I've lived here; dugouts are empty--we need the spring runoff to bring water levels back up. Some people have been baling cattails--and selling it. That's an indication of how grim the feed situation is. There are hay scammers--bottom feeders that they are.

Oh I am happy to start sending it now - PM me your addresses LOL !!! We would be pushing 250mls of rain in the last two weeks . I just brought a new horse and Id love to ride him but I think I need to book him in for swimming lessons prior to saddling him up:)

Marsha- yes, def late sept into Oct but it should be warming up now but its freezing , raining and constantly windy.

Willow Flats and HersheyMint- I really hope you guys get some rain soon. We were in a serious drought a few years ago which led to the terrible fires here two years ago. Since then its been much wetter than usual ,so Im hoping for you that you get the change in weather you all need (minus the fires)

Minimor Iam really glad to read you managed to track down hay. I hope you also get the weather you need to increase hay stocks, locally to you .

:)

Oh I am happy to start sending it now - PM me your addresses LOL !!! We would be pushing 250mls of rain in the last two weeks . I just brought a new horse and Id love to ride him but I think I need to book him in for swimming lessons prior to saddling him up:)

Marsha- yes, def late sept into Oct but it should be warming up now but its freezing , raining and constantly windy.

Willow Flats and HersheyMint- I really hope you guys get some rain soon. We were in a serious drought a few years ago which led to the terrible fires here two years ago. Since then its been much wetter than usual ,so Im hoping for you that you get the change in weather you all need (minus the fires)

Minimor Iam really glad to read you managed to track down hay. I hope you also get the weather you need to increase hay stocks, locally to you .

:)
Ryan, here is hoping you get to ride soon.😂

Attachments

• 563086.jpg
    563086.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 2
Do we have anyone from British Columbia here? Specifically the Chilliwack area that's getting drowned put from the pineapple express? What terrible conditions they have out there with rain causing flooding and mudslides/rockslides.

Hi Ryan!!🤗🤗 I did see your pm, I haven't had time to reply yet. Finals weeks.😬

Here in North Carolina, we finished hurricane (cyclone) season with no landfall here. We did have two that came to us over land. One from southwest, one from northeast. The one from southwest did quite a lot of damage and major flooding in Western NC. The other just dropped some much needed rain....back in September. Since then we've not had much.

It's now 1 December. The entire state is under a burn ban due to dryness and drought. Some counties have even banned outdoor cooking.

November was cooler than most have been since I arrived in 2007. I'm trying to hurry and finish what last bit of winterizing I need to do. I'm also planning Spring Semester classes that start 5 January. Using what little spare time I have to plan gardens for next year.

Latest posts

Back