How's the Weather ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Birthday Silver City!! and I hope the weather was in your favour, Martha!

D3421FC0-C5E4-4E35-BE6E-65D38514AE92.png
Here’s our weather forecast!! Wish I could send some of these rainy days away to anyone who needs them!!!!

I would say no. We’ve been on water restrictions for years. The whole damn country was so parched for so long that the whole thing went up in flames back in 2016 (which I think caused enough extra heat to melt some polar caps which are now raining down on us?). Who knows. It’s been the wettest year I’ve ever known except for that year i lived in London 🤣

I would say no. We’ve been on water restrictions for years. The whole damn country was so parched for so long that the whole thing went up in flames back in 2016 (which I think caused enough extra heat to melt some polar caps which are now raining down on us?). Who knows. It’s been the wettest year I’ve ever known except for that year i lived in London 🤣
Wow! Enjoy the rain. Maybe that will happen to us some day. It's getting kinda scary here we have been in a drought for so long the last two summers were so bad for fires. It has been so dry and windy.
I had a British boss for 10 years and he could never get over how Americans run when it's raining. He found it so ridiculous. Same with a British trainer here who used to hold carriage driving play days for us here before he passed away. Everyone wanted to pack up if it started to drizzle. 🤣

A week of rain about every other day and wind, plenty of wind. The past two days the morning temperature was 49 degrees with a high of around 60 degrees.

The fields in our area are so sodden corn planting is behind. We also understand the wheat farmers in the Dakotas and in other areas are looking at either no crops or significantly less production.

Oats have been high here due to last years oat crops. Yesterday, we picked up a 50# bag of rolled oats hubby mixes for bird feeding, and it was $27 per bag.

Weather here and around the world. :(

We just came from Utah, where it was in the 70tys, rained 4 out of the 6 days we were there. One day it rained all day the other days we were able to get outside for a bit. I love rain. I wished I could have brought it home :) Utah is in a drought also.
We came home to 90ty degree weather, not a cloud in the sky and windy.

There was a thread a while back someone had started about extreme weather they were experiencing. It was quite a good thread as many commented on it.

As our weather seasons are completely the opposite , I thought this would be good to see how your seasons compared to the last.

We have just finished one of the coolest summers in over 40 years. It was very nice compared to the last few years and the terrible bush fires that tore through parts of Australia. It has also been very much the same for autumn here, its been very mild compared to the last few. I have a feeling its going to be a very cold wet winter here :)

How's the weather where you are ?
I'm on top of the Kinglake Ranges so it's a brisk 4 C. Brrr. Ponies sound asleep in their insulated stables on deep fluffy shavings. Noice. I actually love it when it snows here, but I also adore extreme heat.
x Linda

Lindy, you're an example of the conundrum of having friends and acquaintances in another hemisphere. We're heading into the deepness of ☀ 🥵while your prepared for winter🥶🥶.

The new normal--of extremes in weather--is a legacy I'm not so sure I wanted to leave behind.

I've wondered a lot recently if humanity is headed for extinction.🤔 Folks understand Darwin's "The Origin of Species" a bit incorrectly. Many people say, "survival of the fittest," but it's more like "the most adaptable, in the fastest time" survive. Humanity is NOT adaptable. We are the masters of adapting the environment to our needs.

This May was the coolest I remember since arriving in NC in 2007. Fifteen years. This week we're having 99°F, 100°F, today 97°F. We're fortunate it's still cooling off to the upper 60's and very low 70's at night. That's soon to end though. We're entering hurricane season so humidity + high temps = Julie 😵😵‍💫🥵🥵

Similar to Silver City, we have had a very cool and wet Spring. Today is cool (60’s) with a chance of more rain later into tonight.

We may have a period of hot and dry coming up. Typically our temperatures don’t come close to the heat you all have been experiencing, but with the extreme weather shifts anything is possible.

107 so far today. I went out to spritz my horses. They didn't seem uncomfortable. I let them out of the dry lot so they could stand under trees instead of in the shelter. I'm not a fan of heat, but what can't be cured must be endured...
Yikes 107🥵 I spray mine down also when it gets hot. Yesterday 103 today 92

I woke to thunder at 2:30 this morning. We had heavy rain for about 20 minutes. It is still raining and lightening this morning. I was able to capture a few pics of the lightening when I was feeding this morning. The minis were fine once I fed them. Not much comes between them and their food 🤣

Attachments

• image0.jpeglightening june2022.jpeg
    image0.jpeglightening june2022.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 5
I woke to thunder at 2:30 this morning. We had heavy rain for about 20 minutes. It is still raining and lightening this morning. I was able to capture a few pics of the lightening when I was feeding this morning. The minis were fine once I fed them. Not much comes between them and their food 🤣
What a lightning show!! Glad you got some rain there. We had a similar storm a few weeks ago in the night with terrific thunder claps and lightning bolts making it seem like day. Sure makes one sit up and take notice! I was a little worried about Midnight, as she does not like loud noise. But they were both fine when I went out in the morning to feed.

What a lightning show!! Glad you got some rain there. We had a similar storm a few weeks ago in the night with terrific thunder claps and lightning bolts making it seem like day. Sure makes one sit up and take notice! I was a little worried about Midnight, as she does not like loud noise. But they were both fine when I went out in the morning to feed.
We always worry about them don't we? After realizing whatever the situation is, it's are the minis ok? 😍

Back