How's the Weather ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

kimbalina

Apaché and family
Reaction score
Rain, more rain, and then you’re lying there in bed thinking wow it’s raining really hard I don’t think it could rain any harder... and then it does!!!! 😳 Sometimes I think there must be only rain and no air left in the sky outside. A month ago we had weird tropical rainforest sudden rainfall, now we just have CONSTANT downpouring. And at least another week of the same forecast... I actually like the rain. I STILL prefer this to hot smoky summers a couple of years back!!! But then again a break might be nice.

kimbalina

Apaché and family
Reaction score
This is usually a shallow creek that runs under a small road that is a ford in weather like this! Also a photo of kids and Patchy playing in the same stream a couple of months ago!!

Attachments

Minimor

Reaction score
Silver City --we rarely get chinooks any more. Years.back--in the 80s and early 90s we would get them maybe 3 or 4 times a winter and they would give us a couple days of milder weather. We haven't had a chinook in a few years now--guess they blow out before they get this far? This winter we have had 2--both brought us warm temps for a few hours, both brought us freezing rain (first one just a trace, last one a week ago gave us all the ice we've been fighting on our roads) and then snow/blizzard conditions. Chinooks aren't what they used to be! 😂 or maybe the problem is they aren't just chinooks, they come with an Alberta clipper attached? The only thing worse than a clipper is a Colorado low, which we haven't had (yet) this winter.

We are expecting more snow tonight/tomorrow/Monday but at least it isn't -35 like it's been this past week.

Ryan Johnson

Reaction score
Compared to the rest of the east coast, we have been extremely lucky in Victoria. The floods are so bad up north , it really is heartbreaking. We have had a couple of days of heavy rain , the last few days but really nothing for a month prior to that. Its been warm and very humid ( which it usually isn't in Melbourne)

Hows everyone else going ? Are you starting see a turn in the weather ? :)

kimbalina

Apaché and family
Reaction score
This is usually a shallow creek that runs under a small road that is a ford in weather like this! Also a photo of kids and Patchy playing in the same stream a couple of months ago!!
After the rain last week this creek basically filled the whole valley! Bonkers!! About a metre or two above the flood markers 😱

Attachments

Dickel

Reaction score
We had the second drying day in a row yesterday and calling for another today. It got up to 51F and a bit warmer today. I worked the deep tracks with my landscape rake ant it worked better than I expected. For some unknown reason Kacie has become camera shy. I would guess she does not understand why I am pointing to her with something and talking. Earlier in the day I was sitting and watching her and the foal was real active. I set there talking to her and never had a thought of taking my phone out for a video. I hope to be able to get her temporary pen finished today.

f

Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Can't stop now (formerly Dragons Wish Farm)
Reaction score
This year, daffodils bloomed almost 6 weeks later than in years past. Robins are migrating through here late as well. Maybe 6-8 weeks later than I remember them.🤔

We're also having those late winter/early spring extreme swings in temperature. Just this week I'm getting Nature signals that it's okay to start my seeds indoors.

I'm being cautious and prepared. About 6 years ago, we got a similar storm to what Dickel has posted above, in mid- late- April. So I'm erring on the side of caution that our last frost date of 7 April (zone 7b) will be more like 7 May this year. Then I bet we jump right into hot and humid hurricane season.

Latest posts