How's Nell?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starleemay

Reaction score
Was just thinking about Nell and how she is doing?
saludando.gif

Nell is doing GREAT!!!

She is living in OH with a friend of mine Christy who has another Dwarf Peanut. Nell is spoiled rotten. She now thinks that every time a human approaches they should have a treat for her. Peanut doesn't run too fast so Nell will run and play tag with the dogs. Course, if she catches one, she'll stomp it. We were never able to do anything with her leg, surgery wise as the vets couldn't put her under without endangering her life. But Christy has been putting the "magic Shoes" on her and there has been a little improvement. All in all, this has been a complete success for CMHR and all the people who helped. Nell is happy and I get pictures of her and Peanut all the time. I've been by there several times too and they both look fabulous, I couldn't have ordered a better permanent home for Nell. Christy loves them both very much.

Ginny

So very glad to read this report.

Sounds like all has worked out great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christy
worshippy.gif

Ginny,

If you send me some current pictures I will post them for you! I am so glad to hear the update on her!!!

I know it's amazing, but I learned how to post pictures. See, you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. I'm at work and only have this picture of Nell but I think it tells the whole story.

Meet David and Nell....

David_and_Nell.jpg

Oh my!!!! What a sweet picture. You are right... It tells the whole story! Nell and David sure look like they are enjoying themselves. Thanks Ginny for the picture!

Hey, everyone! I did it! (remembered my username and password on the first try...it's been a while..LOL) I'm Christy, Nell's new mommy. She's doing great and I'm so happy to have her! She's used to being handled now, she got her spring bath and clip job and was happy to get them (and cooperative..WOW! LOL) She's real good about having her feet done now, too, tho it's been a bear trying to keep her shoe on, we've been wandering around in waders here for months. I finally gave up on the shoe and just started putting the glue on her foot to try and straighten it. Not much luck with it, the joint is pretty much fused, but it doesn't bother her in the least and she can RUN! And like Ginny said, she likes to play with the dogs, who have learned to stay out of reach, she can kick, bite and paw and they know it! LOL She's a friendly, curious girl, always into everything. We're in the process of building a new little barn for my little girls, quite a chore when she's underfoot and into everything. She turned on my cordless phone, God only knows where she called..LOL...my bill could be interesting! Yesterday she ate my carpenters pencil and hid my hammer..lol She loves to scratch her back on the end of my picnic table. We moved it yesterday cos her and Peanut had the grass killed around it. I came home today and she had turned the table around sideways, I believe she's grown, cos she has to duck a little to get under the end and she lifts it up into the air!

I don't have a clue how to post pictures here (good thing..I'd flood you! lol) Maybe Ginny will be so kind as to post a few for you if I send them to her.

Oh, I got to go to Ginny's place and see all her little horses (and llama) last sunday! She's been here 3-4 times, but that was the first time I'd been to her place. Lovely friendly little horses she has! And her little dwarf Honey is my Peanut's twin! They look so much alike it's unreal! LOL

Christy

Back