How to soften web Halters?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniature Horses3

Reaction score

Does anyone know have to soften halters?

We have a few that have been sitting in the barn too long But they

could still be used if they weren't so stiff, Any Idea's???
default_biggrin.png

This will sound a little odd I'm sure but to clean (and soften) halters I put them on the top rack of my dishwasher and run a full cycle (no detergent, don't know what that will do to the metal). If they are still stiff when I remove them I soak them in a water and fabric softener solution and then rinse them thoroughly. Works for me. Sometimes if they are especially grungy I will use a nail brush on them (with liquid dish soap and water) and scrub the places where it really builds up before running them thro the dishwasher.

I have a few nylon halters like that. I just toss them in the bottom of my tack trunk and some day if I have no other option I will use them. However, I have not found a way to soften them.

luv2ridesaddleseat, I don't use my washing machine because they chip the tubs finish when they are tumbling around. If you've found a way to prevent that please share.
default_smile.png

I put mine in a pillow case then put in washing machine with a small load-use fabric softner- works for me....

Latest posts

Back