How to help hurricane animals :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

Alot of people have emailed me wanting to know what organizations are helping with animals in new orleans and mississippi. Some of you know that Lone Star Equine Rescue in Texas helped get CMHR off the ground. They are a wonderful group and they are working hard to help animals stranded in the hurricane. Habitat for horses has also teamed together with lone star

Here is their link to hurricane relief

hurricane relief for animals

Also the US Equestrian is keeping a list of places that can help out boarding equines affected by the disaster.

www.usef.org

Hi Kay, I also have been sent a long list of people willing to help out and take in horses, I have been forwarding any emails I get to hopefully the "right" connection. I do believe that DART(Floridas Disaster Animal Rescue Teams, who are all first responders) is there, and going into some of the places no one has been into yet, so maybe I will be hearing mare on the horse situation. Our area has collected quit a lot of boxes which are being sent down, I did request ANYTHING usable for horses, (halters, leads, vet wrap, blankets, medical supplies,towels, bleach, water, etc) I also got a email that Lone Star/Habitat is down there. All we cando is help out the best way we can and keep all the animals in our prayers! Corinne

Hi corrine

Lone Star is requesting halters, lead ropes etc. They also anticipate needing temp foster homes in the next couple weeks for horses until they are placed back with their owners. Please if you have extra room in Texas please let them know!

Kay

Kay,

I forwarded info to the company I work for about LSER and their needs. I believe that LSER has been added to the fund raising list here and hopefully will benefit from donations in the form of cash. But it may take a few weeks before they see anything in the form of funds. But as we all know, those animals will need to have ongoing care for a while.

Keep up the good work and I know that we all can make a difference even if we are not close enough to help by getting our hands dirty.

Latest posts

Back