How to clean Jerald cart

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renee

Reaction score
I just bought a used Jerald cart that has been in storage. It was stored in a Jerald cover and is in good condition. It has some dirt and dust from sitting around and I would like to know what would be the best way to clean it. It has a natural wood finish. I got really lucky...it has all the bells and whistles that Jerald makes. It's about 10 years old. What would be best to clean the wood and also the vinyl boot?

Renee

I keep pledge wipes in my horse trailer to clean the carts at shows... you could use pretty much any gentle cleaning product on the patent, any wood cleaner on the wood - murphy's oil soap is a good wood/leather cleaner.

I use Simple Green on the whole thing. Just remember to NOT use Pledge or Armourall On any vinyl seat!!

I like to put a wax on the wood parts of my runabout. I think it protects the wood somewhat from harness parts rubbing, and makes it easier to clean. Sometimes I use a good carnuba car wax and sometimes I use Skidmore's. The Skidmore's also makes the vinyl look nice but does not make it slippery.

Is yours a show cart? Are the tires still good from sitting so long? I'll bet you are excited!

Latest posts

Back