How small is...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Chandab and Oso.. He is such a good stallion. Everyone who meets him wants to take him home. His mane, is all his doing. It just grows fast and furious. His son a Lineback Dun, is a 5yo. and he has the same mane, forelock and tail. His filly, Ziggi is the same. I keep her mane and forelock cut, but I do love the long mane and forelock on a stallion...

I am terrible at trying to post pix on the forums. So I just posted my little girl "Sunny" on the Recent Photo Gallery. For whatever reason I have no problem adding photos there. Sunny is not even 25" tall yet and will be 2 years old in June. She is not a dwarf. Her shortness is due to a surgery on her front legs to remove the growth plates. It was very much a gamble but her only chance for a somewhat normal life. Thanks to Texas A & M she has a normal life and then some. There was a possiblity that her back legs might continue to outgrow the front and she would look like she was walking downhill on flat ground. Thankfully, that has not happened. She is one very special gal. I am just now getting her registered AMHA. Doubt she ever goes over the limit. HAHAHA. Sunny is very, very much loved here at our farm. I vacuumed the herd today with the shop vac. She is so short I can vacuum her whole body without having to walk around her or turn her.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

We have two 28 inch mares. (In the process of purchasing Chicquita from Rock River Miniatures. She will be arriving soon!)

ducheeandbabee.jpg
Chicki-1.jpg

Teeny Duchess and Rock River Chicquita Supreme!

Also a new stallion that we will be co-owning with Toad Hill Miniatures. This big guy is 29 inch, blue roan, Boones Buckeroo Fancy . Pants.

fancypants.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He's adorable!!!!
default_wub.png

That's the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!!
Thank you! He's the perfect example of truely a great little horse. He's got bad legs, hard to keep weight on, is an accidental inbred and was free from a friend, but I wouldn't take any amount offered to me for him. He's just an amazeing little guy. Loves children. Adults he walks right by, but when there is a child near, he will either go towards them or stop in his tracks and turn into a mule waiting for them to come say hi to him.

We are truely blessed! The two little mares that I posted above, are in foal to two of the handsome stallions pictured on this thread! More tinies on the way!

Littlebitofeverybody045.jpg
amandahorsesstorm048-2.jpg

Teeny Duchess is in foal to LK Echo Express! Thank you so much, Melinda!

Chicki-1.jpg
shorty.jpg

Rock River Chicquita Supreme is in foal to Iona Farms Short Circuit! Thank you, Tiff!

Barefoot Minis Aftershock (Jamie)

First bred mini. She is 29". Pictured with my much loved mother-in-law and niece. My mil is tiny so Jamie looks deceivingly large
default_smile.png
Jamie is such a sweetheart little mare. Kind of on the bottom of pecking order
default_sad.png

autumn1.jpg

My Lil Gem who is still only 28" at 19 months. He is the sweetest little guy ever and his dam is an Alvadar Double Destiny granddaughter.

I am not very good at taking good pictures of him.

I've had several under 30" minis over the years.....but right now, all of mine are just over 30".

BUT.....I do have a 3 year old dwarf named Button who is 21". She is definitely the favorite whenever someone comes to the barn. We also share her with nursing homes, parades, and handicapped children.

20090531ButtonDonaStanding0001.jpg

ButtonSchool10001.jpg

ButtonVideoAugTrot10001.jpg

20090531ButtonDonaBigTop010001.jpg

ButtonBabyCollage.jpg

I've had several under 30" minis over the years.....but right now, all of mine are just over 30".

BUT.....I do have a 3 year old dwarf named Button who is 21". She is definitely the favorite whenever someone comes to the barn. We also share her with nursing homes, parades, and handicapped children.

20090531ButtonDonaStanding0001.jpg

ButtonSchool10001.jpg

ButtonVideoAugTrot10001.jpg

20090531ButtonDonaBigTop010001.jpg

ButtonBabyCollage.jpg
She's adorable!!!

I can actually reply to this now! LOL Our Smallest and newest addition to our place would be Miss Tweety at a big ol height of 32.25

FH0000172.jpg

I have a 28" buckskin roan 2 yr old filly which in height that's small BUT what makes her really small is that she's soooooo refined, that she seams super tiny. I would never breed her as I personally believe it would split her in half. Everyone who see's her loves her and defently agree's that she is super ultra refined and should never be bred.

Otherwise all 7 of my horses are 34" and under.

studs: 30.5" & 31.75

mares: 28", 29", 32", 33.5", & 34"

We have close to 50 30" and under with our smallest being:

Little America's It's Mardi Gras 25.5"

mgDSC_9532.jpg

We expect her grandson, Little America's Fan Man, to mature even smaller than she is:

fanmanDSC_0499.jpg

We have close to 50 30" and under with our smallest being:

Little America's It's Mardi Gras 25.5"

mgDSC_9532.jpg

We expect her grandson, Little America's Fan Man, to mature even smaller than she is:

fanmanDSC_0499.jpg
She's not only tiny....but perfect as well! I would expect no less from you, Tony.
default_aktion033.gif

011.JPG
Atlantis 29"-
024-1.JPG
PD is 29" . We have quite a few others under 30" and small foals expected in 2011 but our sweetest and smallest is Tiny Dancer (Crisco) who is 26" as a two year old
100_0206.jpg

Well I only have one mini at this moment, so he is my smallest at 28 inches!
biggrin.gif

8e9ac9ab.jpg

13feaa63.jpg

I am currently working on hubby on getting O So a friend. I would like to find a mini either the same size as him or smaller!
biggrin.gif

This is Inspiration. She was shown in the 29" and under but I can't remember what she actually measured in at but I don't think she'll ever see 30".
default_unsure.png

_MG_2781-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back