How not to balance a cart!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhyMinis

Reaction score
As some of you are aware, I have been trying to get carts and harnesses balanced and adjusted. I have a Frontier EZ entry cart and I was told that I could adjust the seat back to get better balance. Lo and behold, I discovered I could.

After I had made adjustments in the seat, I decided to test the balance. I had the cart propped on our well cap for adjusting and that is just about the same height as the tugs. Sitting in the cart seemed the thing to do to check this.

I got in, sat down and all was well. I leaned back just a tad to see if the shafts would rise and WOW.. they did lift just a tad. Ok, now I'm happy!! I lean back just a little bit more as obviously if a little is good, more must be better.

Next thing I know the shafts are 6 ft in the air and I am scrambling to try to bring them back down. Well.... they came down but not in the way I intended. The cart ended up perfectly balanced on the seat back and I was perfectly balanced flat on my back on the ground.

I'm glad there wasn't any witnesses. I brushed myself off and decided that a hot bath to soak away my damaged pride.... and sore rear end.

biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
DOOFUS!!!!

We TOLD you to have someone hold the shafts for you! LOL
rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif
aktion033.gif
biggrin.gif

(We won't mention that I nearly learned from experience as you did.
whistling.gif
) I agree with Fizz- get some good out of this and apply for the Doofus award!

Leia

LMAO, I've almost done that too! I was trying to see where Pippin's cart balanced, well, my helper(I even had one!) accidently let go of the shafts just above the balance point! Yipes! Fortunately they grabbed the shafts before I went flying...

I can certainly picture that!
laugh.gif
new_shocked.gif
And definitely a doofus!

WhyMinis said:
I lean back just a little bit more as obviously if a little is good, more must be better. 
432992[/snapback]

I like this part. This thought can getcha every time, lol!!

Sounds like a good "doofus of the month" story to me too!
laugh.gif

(glad you aren't seriously hurt!)

Awwww.. gee, I just got the doofus award in May but I guess I will send Marty an email.

It's amazing what thoughts go through your mind in the three seconds between the moment you realize that your ____ is grass and the moment that it hits it!! It all seemed to have happened in slow motion.

This is definitely worth a Doofus Award!!
aktion033.gif
I vote for you!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
(I'm just glad I didn't do that - I have enough doofus moments of my own!
biggrin.gif

Glad you didn't hurt anything (but your pride!) LOL! You made my Monday!
cheers.gif

Latest posts

Back