How Much Longer? (Hide n Seek Foal Watch Thread)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little update, bit graphic, but I find the pics on threads like these really useful. She's now super loose and very, very salty about life. Still no wax, but the udder has changed shape, her teats are now very bullet like, pointing forwards and down.

Attachments

• salty.jpg
    salty.jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8755.jpg
    IMG_8755.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 11
So I just realized auto correct changed camera setup to “farmers upset???” How is all I want to know. Anyway…that udder is definitely getting serious now. That crease has shrunk substantially. Teats look like they are filling. They may pop out a little more but id definitely be excited now. Your pictures are fine. That’s part of foaling threads. Helps keep track of progress!

So I just realized auto correct changed camera setup to “farmers upset???” How is all I want to know. Anyway…that udder is definitely getting serious now. That crease has shrunk substantially. Teats look like they are filling. They may pop out a little more but id definitely be excited now. Your pictures are fine. That’s part of foaling threads. Helps keep track of progress!

I figured by context you didn't mean farmers upset, haha! I'm really hoping tonight is the night, between the foul weather and foul mood of the pony I think we're all ready. Only thing is I think she might refuse to have baby in a stall.

Foal arrived at 1 am, little colt! :D Mum was awesome, had no issues so, so far so good! Now I'm just staying up all night to see if he gets up and feed etc, I guess? :D Foal alarm was awesome. It went off and by the time I got up and went out she already had both feet out, all over within ten minutes.

Attachments

• IMG_8820.PNG
    IMG_8820.PNG
    855.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I have been a bit stuck for a name because I didn't want to count my chickens before they hatched, and then most of the names I had in mind were dramatic, and he's actually super cute. I am thinking Hiro. Like from Snow Crash the book :) He's been really good. He had some impaction that required a couple vet visits, but nothing too crazy and in spite of that he's still very curious and fun. I'm really looking forward to one day having cart adventures with him.

Attachments

• IMG_9459.PNG
    IMG_9459.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9432.jpg
    IMG_9432.jpg
    967.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9463.jpg
    IMG_9463.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back