how much canadian should I pay ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibquackers20

Reaction score
I found a person who is willing to show me the basic's in ground work training and is willing to help me for 1-2 hours, this will help me get ready to train my mini the basic's before I even try to drive.

Question is : this is what she mentioned about payment - basic ground driving training.

::: As to a charge, pay me a nominal fee, whatever you think the lesson was worth.

What should I pay for this lesson - I do not want to under pay or over -pay either but I also do not want to offend her either - she is being so kind in offering me her service,time and experience, she also said that later in the summer when I feel that my mini is ready to hitch up to a cart and I feel that I am not sure then I can trailor him there and she will help.

Is there a training stable around that you can get some estimates from as to what going rates are. It may be a large horse training centre but the hourly rate would probably be similar. Good luck with your training, and hope you're driving soon as it is a lot of fun.

The trainer we use charges us 12 bucks an hour for training if we haul the horse and cart to his place and if he has to come to us an hours drive each way which he did twice this summer he charges 35 an hour. .

I charge $25 an hour for halter lessons/training. I think that would be reasonable for ground work with your horse, as well. If she comes to your place, also pay her enough to at least cover her gas.

Latest posts

Back