How many people...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you brush your horses teeth?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somtimes

• No

• Total voters

tigeresss

Reaction score
I thought it would be really interesting to see how many people do and don't brush their horses teeth. I know a few people that do but the majority of people I know don't.
wub.gif

Those who do...tell us a bit about it. Why you do it and what toothpaste/brushes you use? How are your horses with it?

I have enough trouble trying to do my dogs teeth. The pug wont even open her mouth but the pound puppy will let me do it a little

I don't really "brush" his teeth, but I do occassionally scrape the plaque/tarter off my senior half-arab gelding's canines. They get pretty gross. I picked up a human dental tool at WalMart years ago. He tolerates it just fine, but he's pretty good about most things.

I've never even considered doing such a thing! I wonder if it is better for their health if one does so? I am diligent about the teeth of my dogs. Ok now I am going to wonder. But I have 25 horses-- that's a lot of tooth-brushing, lol! (and do they each need their own toothbrush?)
wink.gif

No way!

My equine dentist and vet have pretty much agreed it is unnecessary and pointless, however inspection of the mouth is a GREAT idea, as well as regular dental exams and floating.

Liz M.

Yeah from what I've been told it's not nessisary(sp?) because horses don't eat the things humans, cats, dogs etc eat. So pretty much their teeth are OK. But you're right nootka inspections of the mouth are an excellent idea.

Latest posts

Back