How many people prefer A/R registered

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there,

For us it is important to have double registered horses within our program. We want to offer our clients the most options possible. When looking for a horse to add to our program we do consider whether or not it is double registered. I won't say that we wouldn't buy a horse that wasn't double registered, but it is something that weighs heavily in the decision making process. Nothing changes the fact that it is either the horse for us or it isn't.

All our horses, but one is double registered and all new horses introduced into our program will end up being double registered.

Va Lynda Ann

We have one mare that is R only and 2 that are A&R. If I were looking for another to buy, double registered would be a plus if it were a mare and a definite if it were a stallion. If it were a mare and only registered in one registry it would be R.

Mary

saludando.gif

I prefer the R registry though almost all of our horses are A registered also.

There aren't any R shows here so I have to drive to NY to show but thats OK

because they are great shows! I just purchased a B mare and can't wait to show

her. There are mostly A shows in New England so having a double reg horse is

to an advantage. All my other horses are A/R registered. Linda B
yes.gif

I dont own a stallion but if I did, he would have to be double registured.

RIght now I am in the process of getting my mares double registured if possible. I do have 2 R only mare that wont be going anywhere for awhile anyway. Really if I like the horse I dont care how they are registured.

My geldings can be R only.

The only MUST HAVE registration for me is AMHR!!!! Anything else is icing on the cake.

My personal preference is AMHA/AMHR -- however I also buy/own AMHR only.

I like the look of the bigger minis 32 - 38 best. (under 32 are also nice -- no flames intended.. I just prefer the larger ones for driving etc.. I am NOT a small person to pull in a cart!)

I have a couple AMHA/AMHR horses who have outgrown their AMHA papers. So now they are AMHR only.

I am currently considering ASPC/AMHR horses as an option. There are several available in this area that are looking awfully nice!!! and to be both ASPC and AMHR has some interesting alternatives!!!

JJ

Thanks to all of you who replied!!
saludando.gif

Your input is very beneficial!

My stallions are both and that is a requirement for future stallions also. My mares can be either.

Most of my mares are R(11) and I have A(6).

When I buy it is by what I like to have in my breeding program.

Latest posts

Back