How many more?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
How many more do you have to go?

I have only 1 more Mare, and got the halter buzzer in time for this one, have not decided if I like it or not?
default_wacko.png

If she scratches her belly or legs it goes off poor girl, she just has to tilt her head and its goes off.

While I did know this girl does like to lay flat out. but was hoping would not no more untill in labour.

The other night, I woke hubby up, to say maybe something is wrong, she is so still laying flat out and the buzzing is driving me crazy and the battery is going to die.

While he got up and opened the door which they usually can hear, nope she did not get up.

Have the lights in the house to flash on and off nope she did not get up.

I also can dial out to the barn and let the phone ring and ring and nope she did not get up.

So hubby got dressed & just when he got to the door to go out, I yelled she is up...

Poor thing was just so tired could care less about the buzzing.

She has been keeping me and the others up thou....
default_new_shocked.gif

Just had one foal on us this morning! yay! So that leaves us one more to foal out and then we'll be starting breeding season for next year!

i have 6 more mares togo. ( 2 can go any time.) But i did breed a few out side mares that have not foaled just. Plus we have 1 more cow to calf, ( had 3 calves so far.) here is the photo of the heifer calf, that has the long horn skull on its white.

100_1907.jpg

I'm still waiting on my one and only baby for this year. My mare is up at Kris Vegter's to be foaled out and just isn't cooperating. She normally gets an udder ahead of time and goes early. Well, she is 335 days today and has no udder. We had the vet check her last Friday to make sure my ultrasound back in October didn't lie - it didn't, baby was alive and in position. Well, 5 days of runny poop later, there is still no udder and no baby. Vet is coming today to check another mare there, so will check Peanut to make sure all still seems well. To say I'm extremely nervous is an understatement - not to mention poor Kris. She has foaled out lots of babies, but has never had a mare behave like this.

Hopefully soon!!!

Barbie

i have 6 more mares togo. ( 2 can go any time.) But i did breed a few out side mares that have not foaled just. Plus we have 1 more cow to calf, ( had 3 calves so far.) here is the photo of the heifer calf, that has the long horn skull on its white.

100_1907.jpg
Oh my that is so neat.. thanks for sharing... amazing
default_wub.png

we got a surprise...we have one more comming- took Texie to the vets last week for her cogins and shots- asked vet to check her to see's pg or just ing too fat- surprise- Flash did has job again.......on thanksgiving day he broke into her stall and befor I could get him off he got his job done- so, it will be a late season baby for us..................

We have 2 more mares to go... But don't know when they are due because we purchased them at an auction and they were completely pasture bred (like left in the pasture and no one ever saw the stud cover them...)
default_gaah.gif
. One is HUGE and COULD be due in the next 3 weeks, the other one I don't think is due until late summer...
default_gaah.gif

I am done. My mom has one to go this month.

I have started breeding for next year, any luck I will have 4 foals, my son one. I know I have one in foal already for Febuary. I havent seen my sons mare back in heat yet either. The other two were just in and one is in now.

Maybe a big horse foal to, we havent decided.

4 for sure, maybe 6, two would be late summer.

4 are ready to go right away, and one is sold, but here till mid May, so hopefully she holds off for the new owner to birth.

She's a maiden and they always make me nervous.

One for sure and one older mare who i told last year it was her last kick at the can so to speak. Told her I was giving her one last chance to give me a baby and if she didn't then I would accept that she wanted to retire (she has earned it even if it wasn't for me) Now I can't decide if she's fat of pregnant. Time will soon tell tho and I am content to accept her retirement if she's open (altho she WILL be going on a diet lol)

Well i do not expect any foals this year, but i have two ladies at Sheryls at the moment. Candy is being bred to Sheryls stallion Jinx, she didnt come back in so we believe she is bred. Then Benita is open at the moment and coming home in June to be bred to my stallion Narko. But no babies this year, atleast i do not have anything planned at the moment for this year.

We are "done" for 2008, but 2009 may start out very early for us. One of my perlino BTU mares, "Sweetie" (Ericas Sweet as Sugar), has been out with "Destiny" (Ericas Echos of My Destiny (HOF)) since February so we could see a January 2009 baby. I am looking very forward to 2009, and still on a high from 2008
love0034.gif

Destiny%20Foals.jpg
[SIZE=14pt]X[/SIZE]
Sweetie%20Foals.jpg

[SIZE=8pt](good chance we'll get a double Buckeroo buckskin baby!)[/SIZE]

Hi Everyone:

We've been busy with this that and other thing along with foaling season, so haven't spent much time on the computer.

We've had four foals born so far in 2008: Lost Spoke's CM Black Pearl, black appaloosa filly, by CCMF Legacy’s Color Maker, Lost Spoke's Miss Arizona Tyme, bay minimal appaloosa, by Celebration’s Tennessee Tyme aka Tymer, Lost Spoke's Wetherby, chestnut appaloosa colt, and half brother to Catch, by CCMF Legacy’s Color Maker, Lost Spoke's Tymer's Ben Hur, a bay colt by Tymer. There are photos at our website if you’d like to have a peek. http://lostspokeranch.com/foals.html

We’re beginning to watch a few more mares (three) and may have a few stragglers after that. One is a solid black appy bred mare and half sister to Catch Lost Spoke's Ebony Rose bred to Tymer. Her last year’s colt is a chestnut appaloosa colt that has been beginning a color explosion the past month! We need to re-clip and photograph him again to show off his GREAT transformation. His mane and tail are coming in white and he is roaning all over his body down to his knees and hocks making his spots show up more and more.

The other mares that are due are JTR Spotted Horses Exotica a bay leopard pintaloosa mare in foal to Tymer, Little America’s Feather In Your Cap, a chestnut leopard mare also in foal to Tymer. Both of these foals are futurity nominated.

We are focusing on conformation this year and weren’t expecting much color, but got some anyway! So we’re very happy and hope to be showing off more baby photos soon.

From the looks of the new baby's there are many that have had an extraordinary foaling year. Hope those of us with more to go continued success!

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
default_saludando.gif
That picture of the steer head on that calf is "TOO COOL!"...... That's just neat!!

I have 2 more to go and they are due in June (10th & 29th)........

We're done, woo-hoo!! I wanted to be finished in time for show season as usual (starts in late May here) and it worked out. Whew! AND-- we have five FILLIES. Yep, FIVE!
default_biggrin.png
I need to do an announcement on the last two yet.

About half of the mares we're breeding for next year have been bred, will have to wait and see if they've settled, and have the the rest to get covered. I LOVE our foals this year, and am very excited to see what we will get next year, since we are currently leasing a fantastic stallion for most of the mares.
default_yes.gif

I have one ready to go any day now. Another for probably late June. And, possibly a whoops, as I didn't breed her on purpose, but I think my stallion found her; he got loose a couple times last summer and she might be bred.

we are all spread out

just had our first 5/3

a beautiful silver bay filly

4 more due

all by our stallion Triple ks Boogie Bow Tie

2 in June =2 pinto mares ( 1 homozygous)

1 in July = snowcap appaloosa mare

1 in Sept = homozygous pinto mare

I am waiting impatiently for my one and only this year. This is my 4th year in a row with just one foal and the anticipation is killer! She's at 330 days on June 8th. I fully expect her to start bagging any day now and think she may go a little early. She's carrying very differently than she did with her last colt so I'm pretty hopeful for a little Yahoo filly (and buckskin to boot!)
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back