How many minis do you have?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsegal5

Reaction score
I was wondering how many minis and/or other animals do you have on how much land? I know that depending where you live you can only have so many. But others like us there is no amount specified by the town.

We have a little over 5 acres and about 5 of it is pasture

and we have on this:

4 minis and one foal due, and 2 ponies and 2 small horses and one large horse.

And I also have 12 small rabbits, 8 sheep, 6 are a friends that the kids are going to show and won't be pastured here this summer.

Does this sound like to much? I just don't want to over do it.

I'm definately at my limit I will tell you that. I'm not squishing another horse in here that's for sure. I do stall my horses at night and on bad weather days but they are usually out every day. In the spring and summer I do get very plush grass.

I have about 5 acres in pasture and that includes the barn and barn yard.

I have one quarter horse and 9 minis.

I have 5 separate fields, one larger one that I rotate around.

I think you're at the limit too.

It would help for the sheep to go home.

[SIZE=14pt]We have 8 minis on 3 acres. We have a total of 5 acres but not fenced.[/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=18pt]We have 3 minis on my mom's 2 acres, but our neightbor allows us to use her field which is about 3-4 acres. We only use about 1 acre. If I had more money and more barn space I'd deffinatly have more minis.[/SIZE]

Christy

Last edited by a moderator:
No pasture here, so can't tell you how much pasture can support the minis... on just over one acre here we have four minis and six big horses.

Andrea

Well I figure there are close to 50 horses at the house now (as I have several mares that are in for breeding at this time) and if I am remembering correctly we have a little over 60 acres, but some of that is woods, but I would say 40 in pastures.

Then just a jump down (1/4 mile maybe) got the 14 donkeys and 3 mini mule mares and there is about 40 acres there, with about 30 in pastures.

We have 1/3 an acre and have- two stallions, two mares (one in foal) and two yearling fillies. Those are our outside animals- we also have a dog, three parrots, two mice and two beta fish. Our town does not have any limits on how many horses. We listed 6 minis on our renewal of our stable permit and got it again for the eight year in a row with no problem. Animal control did thier unanounced yearly inspection and we passed with flying colors
default_smile.png

Tammie

Two shots from our deck off our house-

backyard081005a.jpg

backyard081005b.jpg

I have 7 minis, 2 due to foal on 10 acres. 8 acres are pasture. Also have 9 banty chickens that graze during the day. :bgrin :saludando:

Cute setup Tammie!

Our area also has no limit on how many horses per acre. We live on 1 acre and there are now 19 minis and 1 QH (2 -3 more foals due). It is all dry lot, each horse has it's own stall (corral and run-in shed). I have 2 big turn outs set up right now and working on a 3rd. I am at my personal limit now and won't be buying anymore for a while. I do need to send 2 horses home to their owner.

Where I board my horses I have 1 3/4 acres of pasture for 4 minis

(foal on the way) and one full size horse.

The pasture is for entertainment value, mostly, although in the spring

and summer there is quite a bit of grass.

They are stalled at night and eat breakfast and dinner in their rooms.

We have 7 acres, most is low, woods, and a big pond. Probley 2 acres for 1 pasture, then 3 paddocks and the barn.

Currently have 2 quarter horses, 2 mini mares in foal and pony yearling.

Last edited:
we are up to six minis. One stallion, two geldings, and three mares. We also have one quater horse mare and around 15 cows..im not sure exactly. We are all situated on 27 acres. We rotate pastures so that no one spot is ever over grazed.

Very cute set-up tammie, i love your little barns
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Will

We have 20 minis on 18 and half acres, about 12 of it is fenced in pasture. I don't want any more than that, they can be on grass all summer, we do stall at night and on very bad weather days, but they are out all day, every day if possible. It's enough that my foals always have a grassy pasture to lay in unless we have a bad drought.

Down now to , 7 minis and another one coming end of July .

1 registered Paso Fino Mare, which is my daughters. Pastures Diosa (Mare) near her in the summer. Back in the winter.

Live on little over one acre and rent out 5 acres behind our barn.

Barnarea.jpg

Barn2.jpg

HerdintheFall2005web.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We have 37 mini horses and donkeys, our pastures are split into 3 and is a total of about 12 acres. We have 160 acres in land, but most is used for hay fields, and some woods. Our 5 arabians have a separate pasture area which is about 10 arces, and our angus have a seperate pasture. All away from the minis, which are right behind our house. Each pasture has its own barn. (run-in) .

WE have 32 acres 11 minis that use 20 acres. 1 dog 3 cats. 10 acres we use for hay. Alice

We have a little over 17 acres here and have 4 big horses and two, soon-to-be-one mini/s. Also have a few sheep, 6 I think to run round after the horses and tidy up. :bgrin

Latest posts

Back