How Many Harnesses???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajorClementine

Reaction score
Harness count! I got new comfy fit harnesses 18 months ago. I love them. BUT... Now Countryside makes the marafun harness and I'm a sucker for color. Wishing I had waited. So for two horses that drive currently I have 2 leather harnesses and 2 fill comfy fit harnesses. Also an extra euro-collar and everything I need to drive them as a team. So two harness bags with my comfy fit and a FULL tote of bits and pieces for different set-ups. Plus fancy extras like plumes and ties and bells.... I may have a problem...

I have two inexpensive harnesses that I have used and love. I ordered a new harness in the Fall. It has arrived at the rep's and we are just waiting until we can both get a free day when it is not freezing to fit it to them. I surely HOPE it fits. The infamous "spotted harness debacle" of two years ago has left me traumatized, lol. Thankfully, that harness is long gone.
I would love to try a plume on Peanut. I don't think he would tolerate it though, he is particular about his clothing :confused:

LOL! I hear you!! I have a Comfy Fit Harness, a MaraFUN SuperFUN harness and am ordering another MaraFUN harness today plus I have a Whiteman harness hanging out here as well! I definitely have a harness addiction :D

I also have two bells strings, several hiker bells, 2 sets of rump bells, a couple of extra bridle and so many halters it's a bit crazy!! And don't get me started on my lead ropes. LOL!!!

Yes to the lead ropes! Every time I order something for the horses I throw in a lead rope. Then I pack them away and can't find them, so I order another and the cycle continues.
I hoard red harness pads.

I have A LOT of harnesses! Chariot 3-abreast, six in hand draft, a training draft, nylon boardjoring one, training nylon one.............

I'm glad I'm not the only harness hoarder.:oops: I now have only 6 miniatures, all trained to drive (some better trained than others lol) and each has their own harness plus I have a show harness (mostly for my buckskin mare who has done very well in the ring against the full size horses) Then there are 2 pairs harnesses and a nylon training harness as well as a couple (maybe three shhh...don't count too closely;)) extras and a couple that are in need of repairs that I haven't gotten to. This is after selling 3 or 4 that didn't fit anyone or I just didn't like. :eek:That is about twice as many harnesses as horses not counting the ones that I need to fix or send out for fixing. Don't even get me started on carts altho thats not so bad since my husband has talked me into selling a few over the years(which I've always regretted parting with after the fact I might add)

So glad I'm not alone in this. If I meet my driving goals this year I'm thinking of maybe ordering a Hyperbike at the end of the year.... but maybe I need a marafun color harness to use when driving it....... Shhhh! Don't tell my husband.

Don't ask about the harnesses :rolleyes: I have definitely too much. 4-5 sets of single driving harness and 3 sets of pair driving harnesses... for 5 horses, and two of them are (almost) retired. I'm feeling like take care of the leather all winter long. My next harness will be a non-leather one...

Don't ask about the harnesses :rolleyes: I have definitely too much. 4-5 sets of single driving harness and 3 sets of pair driving harnesses... for 5 horses, and two of them are (almost) retired. I'm feeling like take care of the leather all winter long. My next harness will be a non-leather one...

I was strictly a leather harness user until my comfy fit harness. I love how easy it is to take care of. No oiling the straps all the time. I did get the leather padding on it instead of the vinyl padding and I do have to clean that and condition it but it' only on the collar, saddle, and breeching. Not on any of the straps or anything so it only takes 10 min or so to clean and condition each time.

My leather harnesses get cleaned and conditioned even if I don't use them... I'm considering selling both of my leather harnesses to fund a new marafun harness....

Oh, this sounds great. I was thinking about buying Comfy Fit harnesses, they seem to be only harnesses in that quality on the market (worldwide) that comes in miniature horse sizes. How about the workmanship, are they as durable as leather harnesses?

I think the Camptown harness also comes in mini size--that is the one I would choose if I wanted another harness. Camptown harnesses are lovely.

I have 4 Ozark.carriage harnesses--2 mini and 2 small pony. I also have a training harness from Herrons and I have some extra parts so I can make one of the small pony harnesses into a large(er) pony harness.

Harness count! I got new comfy fit harnesses 18 months ago. I love them. BUT... Now Countryside makes the marafun harness and I'm a sucker for color. Wishing I had waited. So for two horses that drive currently I have 2 leather harnesses and 2 fill comfy fit harnesses. Also an extra euro-collar and everything I need to drive them as a team. So two harness bags with my comfy fit and a FULL tote of bits and pieces for different set-ups. Plus fancy extras like plumes and ties and bells.... I may have a problem...
J

Hello, I'm new I like to drive thinking of buying a cart and harness to train with. I a horsewoman of 30 years so I know a few things, new to CA from the Midwest (Lake County Indiana) we had a large 50+ carriage community that was fun and helpful)
I'd like to spread that fun here in Ventura county! I recently moved here sold my carts harness etc. sooooo I'm looking for some

Northwolf, Yonies harness has synthetic mini harnesses. Many options are available. I just received my new one yesterday. I was going to go with Comfy fit, but.I found out an old friend is a sales rep for Yonies and she helped me measure and fit the harness. I was surprised at the softness of the material used, it is biothane and looks like leather. I took Peanut out for a ground drive today and he seemed! quite comfortable wearing it. If I think of it I will try and get a picture of it to post.

Northwolf, Yonies harness has synthetic mini harnesses. Many options are available. I just received my new one yesterday. I was going to go with Comfy fit, but.I found out an old friend is a sales rep for Yonies and she helped me measure and fit the harness. I was surprised at the softness of the material used, it is biothane and looks like leather. I took Peanut out for a ground drive today and he seemed! quite comfortable wearing it. If I think of it I will try and get a picture of it to post.
Does it have the regular buckets or those more complicated ones?

I had a Camptown harness many years ago but found the Comfy Fit to be softer than the Camptown. Maybe they use a different kind of strapping now?

I have the Comfy Fit which has utilizes the roller buckles for all the buckles, making adjusting very easy and quick. I use the same harness for my mini mare who is 37" tall and my small pony geldings who are 40" and 41 1/2" tall.
IMG_8003.jpg

I also use a collar and hames with my Comfy Fit harness as well:
IMG_9576.jpg

I also have a pretty Hurricane Blue and Neon Green MaraFUN harness. Mine is the MaraFUN SuperFUN style because I have the Superflex collar:
IMG_9746 2.jpg
I upgrade my MaraFUN harnesses and get the padded breeching because we deal with some pretty significant hills and terrain here so I want my pony to be 100% comfortable.

I just ordered the MaraFUN, all black with a Deluxe style V collar as well. It's so fun to have so many different options for any kind of driving I may want to do :)

Would like to see a picture of it when you have time! I'm getting another horse and when she is ready I'll be purchasing a new harness. Currently use Comfy Fit.

Plarsen, do you mean buckles? It has regular buckles, no Conway buckles (I hate those blasted things!) except for one on the false martingale down near where it attaches to the girth. The girth and buckles that hold the tugs are heavy buckles with rollers for ease of tightening.
Willow Flats, I will try and get a picture in the next day or two.

Back